Author Topic: Pastrami Cream Cheese Pickles  (Read 3584 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Pastrami Cream Cheese Pickles
« on: May 20, 2015, 07:42:30 PM »
Made these as a snack for a boat trip tomorrow with some friends. These are a great summer time appetizer, that go well with everything!

8 oz cream cheese
7-8 oz. thin sliced Pastrami (have the deli slice very thin or use prepackage Hillshire Farm Pastrami)
4 Large dill pickles (make sure to dry them well).

Directions:

Coat pickle with cream cheese, then one layer of pastrami, then cream cheese and pastrami again. You want at least two layers, if you have enough cream cheese you can do three. Place the pickles in the freezer and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Remove and slice thin with a serrated bread knife.

Place in covered dish and refrigerate overnight.

Enjoy Greg

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: Pastrami Cream Cheese Pickles
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:26:17 PM »
Sushi!

Wrap in bacon and grill?

Looks yummy

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 08:35:40 PM »
Rueben Pinwheels?
Thin slice of pastrami covered with a thin layer of cream cheese followed by a thin layer of sauerkraut.  Roll up tight and cut pinwheel slices. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »
Rueben Pinwheels?
Thin slice of pastrami covered with a thin layer of cream cheese followed by a thin layer of sauerkraut.  Roll up tight and cut pinwheel slices.

Sounds good, and taste great with Beer!

Greg

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 09:18:47 PM »
I love deep fried pickles and am imagining that pastrami pickle battered and fried.   8)
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Durangosmoker

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »
Wow, my grandmother used to make something almost exactly like these, but she used ham instead of pastrami, and used pickle spears instead of whole pickles.  Haven't thought about them in years. I like the idea of the ruben pinwheels, too.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 01:33:54 PM »
Wow, my grandmother used to make something almost exactly like these, but she used ham instead of pastrami, and used pickle spears instead of whole pickles.  Haven't thought about them in years. I like the idea of the ruben pinwheels, too.

Hey Eric,

I used to make them for parties and they were always a hit. Ham, Corned Beef would work just fine. I used the pastrami because if had just a taste of heat.

Greg