Author Topic: Country Style Pork Rib Ideas?  (Read 2163 times)

CIACHEF

Country Style Pork Rib Ideas?
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:35:26 AM »
Has anyone used there smoker for making country style pork ribs?  Please would you share your method for  smoking/cooking them.  Thank you
Patrick, Cheyenne, WY

Angelheaded Hipsters Burning for the Ancient Heavenly Connection to the Starry Dynamo in the Machinery of Night

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Country Style Pork Rib Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:18:54 AM »

My favorite thing to do with them is to make burnt ends:

Ribs and pork burnt ends
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:50:51 PM »
I have. I treated them similar to St. Louis cut ribs even though they aren't. If you do them at about 235 and check at the 4.5 - 5 hour mark, you can go from there. I used an instant read thermometer to check doneness since the rib method doesn't work on country style ribs.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:07:11 PM »
Hi CIA!  Glad to have you with us!  I see this is your first post, and we're more than happy to help.  Now that you're here, do us a favor... Head over to the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself (model you have, smoking experience, etc.)  Then, add your first name and town to your signature line in the Forum Profile; we like to get to know our new friends! (We're pretty informal, around here).

Country-style pork ribs are great!  The "bone in" are best (imo), which is just a sliced Boston butt pork shoulder.  Here's how I do them:

Brined Country-Style Pork Ribs

Hang out with us, when you can, and we'll help however possible! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:02:18 PM »
Wide variety

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=2919.msg21913#msg21913

Hard to mess up, lots of options.

Leftovers cook well on gasser.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

CIACHEF

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 03:18:12 AM »
Thank you all for the suggestions I will be trying most or all this weekend!
Patrick, Cheyenne, WY

Angelheaded Hipsters Burning for the Ancient Heavenly Connection to the Starry Dynamo in the Machinery of Night