Author Topic: frogmat vs QMATZ vs smokin-it seafood rack  (Read 2080 times)

SmokinSusie-Q

frogmat vs QMATZ vs smokin-it seafood rack
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:52:28 PM »
I know there are previous posts on the frogmat and QMATZ but are they better than the seafood rack sold on this website?  If so, why?  Reviews of the frogmat and QMATZ indicate that they tend to fall apart or ravel.  I would have ordered the seafood rack until I realized the shipping rate is something like $15.  Other websites, like Weber offer cheaper racks but unfortunately the won't fit my 2D.  I want something that will last more than I do something that is just harder to clean.  I clean my regular smoking rack after each smoke, so no big deal.
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: frogmat vs QMATZ vs smokin-it seafood rack
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 07:16:55 PM »
I've been using Q-Matz for a couple of years, and they look brand new.  Love 'em!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SmokinSusie-Q

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 06:34:40 PM »
I've been using Q-Matz for a couple of years, and they look brand new.  Love 'em!

Today following an appointment with my doctor, I went to WalMart and found a Char-Broil universal stainless steel grate that fits my 2D perfectly and should work well for seafood and veggies.  The width expands from 14" to 19.5 inches.  Problem solved (I hope).
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 08:07:03 PM »
Well, there ya' go, Sue! 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!