Author Topic: Anyone use an amaze-n tube smoker in the model 1?  (Read 5484 times)

grizzog

Anyone use an amaze-n tube smoker in the model 1?
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
I've got the amaze-n tube smoker 12" version.  It seems to just fit in the Model 1.  Has anyone tried using this instead of wood in the box?  Curious of anyone's experience with if it stayed lit, if it was too much smoke for the model 1, etc.

Thank you!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone use an amaze-n tube smoker in the model 1?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:16:31 AM »
You may have lick using it although I don't believe there will be sufficient air flow for a complete burn.  Your smoker was designed to be reasonably air tight  and the device you are questioning requires more air flow.  I have never used one but maybe some others have.

The only way to know for sure is to try it and see how it goes.  I would recommend doing it with no meat in the smoker just in case it doesn't work.

Good luck.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Anyone use an amaze-n tube smoker in the model 1?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:09 PM »
Grizz, welcome!  I have a #1, and we see this question (and ones like it) a lot.  Here's my 2-cents worth... don't try to fix something that isn't broken.  Get to know your smoker the way the designers intended it to be used; they did a pretty dang good job!  This smoker is designed to use wood in the smoker box due to the cycling of the heating element, and it works great.  As you'll see from the posts here, you'll never need more than 6 oz of wood for even the longest cooks.

I've heard good things about the Amaze-n tube, but it's just not needed in these smokers; save it for the gas grill, or whatever.  You will find that using these smokers "as designed" just can't be beat.  Good luck with your #1, and join us often!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!