Author Topic: The Briner  (Read 26978 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: The Briner
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2014, 10:23:40 PM »
I'll let you know. I'll most likely be making my own from now on. Just wanted to get me moving, and this will do it. I'll use it probably this weekend.

Cool.  Check out the "Brines and Marinades" section (bet you already have) for some homemade brines!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

mtmedic

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »
Just got the briner jr from Cabelas today. Yeah it's expensive for what you get, but it fills a need. Can't wait it use it this weekend
Ron, Paramedic, in Big Sky Country

Joe Jitsu

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2016, 01:59:32 PM »
I know this is an old thread.  Just wanted to give it credit.  I just ordered the Briner and Briner Jr.  Looking forward to brining future butts and turkeys.
Joe from CA
Smokin-It 3D

DivotMaker

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2016, 08:08:53 PM »
Great, Joe!  I use my Briner Jr. a LOT, but don't have the big one (yet).  Finding the fridge real estate for that big rascal is hard! ???
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

prudentsmoker

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2016, 11:40:36 PM »
I am convinced and intend to pickup one tomorrow as they show a store in Wichita stocking them. However, I read this on the website-  "Brining will reduce cooking times, up to 30%.  Use a meat thermometer to avoid overcooking." Any thoughts on cooking time reduction calculations?
Brian from Wichita

es1025

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2016, 10:32:44 AM »
The briner is a great tool. Every time i make poultry i brine. Very simple recipe, 1 gallon of cold water, 1 cup of kosher salt and 1 cup of brown sugar. Thats the base you can add any other non salt product.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2016, 07:45:04 PM »
I am convinced and intend to pickup one tomorrow as they show a store in Wichita stocking them. However, I read this on the website-  "Brining will reduce cooking times, up to 30%.  Use a meat thermometer to avoid overcooking." Any thoughts on cooking time reduction calculations?

I saw that on their website, too, but think it's hype.  I think there is a small reduction in cooking time, with brined meat, but it's not 30%.  Maybe 5-10%?  And, that's not consistent - just like any other smoke times we try to nail-down!  As always, I allow for the max time I've experienced, brine or no brine. 
Tony from NW Arkansas

Joe Jitsu

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2016, 10:31:10 PM »
I have a mini fridge in the garage which hasn't been used for years that will fit the normal size Briner.  My wife is happy that I will finally use it. 
Joe from CA
Smokin-It 3D

DivotMaker

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2016, 08:28:35 PM »
I have a mini fridge in the garage which hasn't been used for years...

An "unused" beer fridge?  How's that happen?? lol! ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas

Joe Jitsu

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2016, 11:54:05 PM »
Tony - it is pretty funny.  We recently moved.  Totally forgot about it until I moved a bunch of boxes that was hiding it.  :P
Joe from CA
Smokin-It 3D

DivotMaker

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2016, 02:20:04 PM »
Well, we'll have to give you "pass" then, Joe!  Can't use what you forgot you had!! ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas