Author Topic: Smokin it #2 or #3  (Read 7335 times)

Randy

Smokin it #2 or #3
« on: August 13, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »
 :) Hay every body. Im Randy live in Montana. Im really stuck between wich one.I have 4 boys 4 grand kids my parents in my basement dont wory I have a apartment for them, lol. any way Is the #2 big enough  I do cook for 15 abit expecially in summer. some times a few more. just dont no or should I just bite the buller and get #3. Money is a little tight but Id rather spend a little extra and be happer then say I wish I would have. any way your impute would be helpfull. thanks Randy from Montana
If it walks, crawls, slizzers, or even grows from the grownd smoke it.

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: Smokin it #2 or #3
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »
Here's my logic:  you can cook less but you can't always cook more.  The #3 will do small smokes (a single rack of spareribs, 15 whole chicken wings, a 7lb butt) just as it will with a couple of packer briskets or eight racks of babybacks.  With a large family you could "stage" your cooks where you prep, refrigerate and reheat without a significant drop in quality ... but a #3 would let you do a one-step prep.

If you're on the border line, I'd advise going big and adding accessories down the line; most of those who buy the #1 or #2 lament they could have put the next larger size to good use.  Heck, even those of us with the #3 now wistfully stare at pictures of the new #4 ...

No matter which one you choose, I can say without reservation that you'll never regret buying the Smokin-It brand.  If you have any more questions just give us a shout.
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 07:36:15 PM »
To second Joe - yes on the #3.  Wish I'd have gone that route.  I love my #1, but sure wish I had that kind of Q real estate to work with!  Also, you will absolutely NOT be sorry about choosing the Smokin-It brand!  Great company, and really good people.  Their customer service cannot be beat.  I feel good about doing business with a small American company living the American Dream!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

es1025

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Randy
I faced a similar situation.  I took the approach you can smoker less in a bigger smoker but you can't smoke more in a smaller smoker.  I have the number #3 and have not smoked more than one butt and 3 ribs at a time.  i have no regrets.  This smoker is awesome.  If you can swing the #3 do it. The smokin-it brand is top notch!
BTW, Joe and Tony provide great advice all the time  :)
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »
Randy
I faced a similar situation.  I took the approach you can smoker less in a bigger smoker but you can't smoke more in a smaller smoker.  I have the number #3 and have not smoked more than one butt and 3 ribs at a time.  i have no regrets.  This smoker is awesome.  If you can swing the #3 do it. The smokin-it brand is top notch!
BTW, Joe and Tony provide great advice all the time  :)

Ahhh, shucks Ed!  Thanks! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

BIG BOB

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
I am in the same boat.... but no grandkids... (one on the way though!!!!) I have decided on the #2.... if I were you and you can afford it , go #3.  I am impressed and excited by the amount of input and advice these guys on this site give. I am proud to become a member of such a great group. good luck and I am sure we will be sharing pics/ recipes soon.
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

Randy

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
Thanks every body  :). I think I will go # 3 just wont have the money for the extra things . I have read nothing but great reviews on smokin it brand and thats the one I will go with. Randy from Montana
If it walks, crawls, slizzers, or even grows from the grownd smoke it.

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
Good call, Randy!  There's time for the extras later.  All you need for some really good Q is the Smokin-It...the extras are just gravy!
Tony from NW Arkansas