Author Topic: ORDERING A #2 THIS WEEK.  (Read 11623 times)

es1025

Re: ORDERING A #2 THIS WEEK.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »
Big Bob
Welcome to the club! You will enjoy the smoker.  i have smoked chicken thighs to make pulled chicken and the machine worked flawlessly.  the fun is when you smoke a big hunk of meat overnight.  Make sure you purchase a wireless thermometer like the maverick. See the gizmo/gadget section of the forum.  Joe puts up some great reviews.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
Welcome to the "cool kids" club, Bob!  Glad to hear you ordered a #2.  I have a #1, and have to cut ribs and briskets in half.  No problem with that, just kind of a pain.  Hang out here when able, and throw us a bone by posting pics of your cooks!  We love pictures and details!  This is a learning experience for all of us, and we can all learn from each other.  Be sure to season your smoker with nothing in it for about 4 hours, and you'll be ready to smoke!  Foil the wood box cover and bottom (don't forget to poke a drain hole), prep your meat, put in the wood and let 'er rip!  You'll be amazed at the quality of the Q you'll produce!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Muttley

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 10:01:21 PM »
My wife is ordering me a #2 for my birthday! I am a newbie, but After a lot of research, I have decided on the SMOKIN-IT #2.
Many reasons for purchasing a #2, mainly no negative reviews and the phone call I made to Steve. He seemed genuine and very pleasant to talk to... Another reason was this forum. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys!

a Question or two ....

Can a whole rack of ribs fit in the #2?
what would be a good maiden voyage?  wings?

I just noticed your signature...do you know the rest of the song?   :D

BIG BOB

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 07:03:13 AM »
Muttley... I am a huge Todd Snider fan.  I have all of his stuff. Beerrun is really not his best work, but pretty catchy - and - I like beer.
"All you need is a ten and fiver, a car, and a key and a sober driver B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!"
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »
Muttley & Bob - you'll fit in well here. ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!