Author Topic: MES30 racks fit #3 SI  (Read 1449 times)

Lonzinomaker

MES30 racks fit #3 SI
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:38:24 PM »
I was thinking about getting a 5th rack for my #3 so I could do more ribs at one time.  I then thought to try the racks out of my old MES30 smoker just on the chance they will fit. Good news is they do with a couple of caveats.

Width is OK, length of coarse is short. Two racks in one slot are about 4 in to long so there is some overlap. There is also a bend in the racks to keep them from pulling out to far when loaded in the MES that keeps them from fitting in the SI rack guides.  It isn't very hard to flatten the bend so they slide in easy though. Sure glad I didn't throw the MES racks away when I disposed of the old shell recently.

Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: MES30 racks fit #3 SI
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »
You've found the one thing in an old MES that can be "re-purposed!"  ...Nice job!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: MES30 racks fit #3 SI
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 05:46:39 AM »
Good thinking to save the racks. I hate to throw away useful parts. Reminds me of my collection of round glass microwave carousel plates.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide