Author Topic: The Smokin-It Pet Thread  (Read 2883 times)

MacDarnell

The Smokin-It Pet Thread
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:51:53 AM »
Hey, guys! Here's a discussion thread I made for our household pets. I own a Pomeranian named Nyles. He’s a playful tyke who loves to run around and play catch in our yard (though we had to set up a wireless pet fence, so he wouldn’t stray far from us). He also enjoys howling along to the Backstreet Boys, a favorite of ours. Overall, he’s a great and loyal companion to me and my wife. How about your pets, guys?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:38:44 AM by MacDarnell »

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: The Smokin-It Pet Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 10:29:09 AM »
Cute pup.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Grampy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 11:15:54 AM »
Me and my wife have a 4 1/2 year old spoiled rotten Havanese named Snuffles that loves to play ball too.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

RG

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 11:35:57 AM »
Cute dogs! I have to say though, MacDarnell, that's not a Pomeranian. I have 2 Poms, Duke and Baby.

Here's a picture of Duke

And here's a baby picture of Baby :)

Duke is now 12 and baby is 9.
Jason from Conyers GA

Grampy

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 12:32:48 PM »
Cute dogs! I have to say though, MacDarnell, that's not a Pomeranian. I have 2 Poms, Duke and Baby.
Duke is now 12 and baby is 9.

MacDarnell is Nyles possibly a Maltese?
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

Gilwell

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
Great topic and great dogs!

We have 4 sharing our home. This picture shows our 2 lap dogs. Bully Beef (left) is a 75 lb Pitt Bull and Tiny Tim is a 67lb Lab/Pitt mix. They really do think they're lap dogs. Try sharing a recliner with a 75lb Pitt!

All 4 of them love anything from my SI. They especially enjoy smoked pig ears!

Jim

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »
Cyrus...aka "Meathead."  He's a full-blood English Mastiff.  A little grayer, these days.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 09:12:35 PM »
I may be wrong but I think that is the first picture you have posted  of your 'really big dog'.  Handsome beast!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

RG

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »
Mastiff's are like little horses, lol. I have a customer of mine who owns a Nissan dealership and he lives out in a rural subdivision on a compound. He has a gate that I have the code to it but I never go in unless his Bullmastiffs were put up. He also has a Golden Retriever that runs among the others and she's a sweetie. Always wanting me to throw her tennis ball over and over and over and over, lol.

Turns out he has some landscapers that come to his place that also have the gate code and they made a fatal error. They didn't check the grounds before opening the gate and driving in. As they got up towards the house in the circular driveway by the fountain water feature, they started to get out of their truck when the Bullmastiffs (male and female) tore out after them and they jumped back in the truck. Both dogs were circling the truck barking and jumping up on the side trying to bite them through the window. One of them ended up biting the front bumper and was able to pull it away (bumper cover) while the other actually bit the right front tire and POPPED it! The explosion of the tire scared both dogs away and the owner of the home (my customer) comes running outside with a shot gun half awake, lol! He thought the tire bursting was a gunshot.

His wife had not seen the note that he left her the night before telling her to make sure the dogs were put up in the basement due to the landscapers and myself coming the following morning. I showed up with him standing around their truck shaking his head, still holding his shotgun. Being that he owned a dealership, he had guys come out to the house and changed out ALL 4 of their tires on the spot and fix the bumper. They worked like a Nascar pit crew, had it fixed FAST!

I had to go into the basement to look at the plumbing issue he was having and both dogs were in a huge crate (each in a separate one). The female was wagging her tail and whining at me like she wanted me to pet her, the male was just looking at me like I was a snack. The owner told me "Do NOT try and pet her, out of the 2 of them, she's the one that would kill you. Don't be fooled by the tail wagging!"

He didn't have to tell me again. I wasn't going to touch either one after I saw what they did to that truck!

The male was 160 pounds and the female was 140. They were stout doggies!
Jason from Conyers GA

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 05:34:52 AM »
Libby the English Cocker. 9 years old, and still gittin' into trouble. :)
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Grampy

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »
Libby the English Cocker. 9 years old, and still gittin' into trouble. :)

Kari, that's funny. Mine loves to tear up toilet paper whenever he gets the chance too. :o
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 12:12:20 PM »
Colonel Klink II - almost 6 years old Cairn Terrier

We had Colonel Klink I when I was a kid and I loved that dog and always wanted to get a similar one when I got older. Colonel Klink I was actually a mix of Cairn Terrier and Some type of Poodle, but from his looks he was pretty much all Cairn. His brothers and sisters on the other hand were much more poodle. Colonel Clink II is a pure bread Cairn.

I attached a pic of each. The picture of Colonel I was pretty old and his hair was really long then. But, when his hair was cut shorter they looked pretty much exactly alike and it is funny that a lot of their mannerisms are exactly the same too.

Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 08:52:01 PM »
I may be wrong but I think that is the first picture you have posted  of your 'really big dog'.  Handsome beast!

That's it!  He was about 1 1/2 there - he's 9 now.  That was his prime...200 lbs of muscle!  He's hanging in there, though...just a lot slower and grayer, like his owner.  ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!