Author Topic: New2Me #2+#1 Does Not Make 3  (Read 2256 times)

TX Gent

New2Me #2+#1 Does Not Make 3
« on: December 17, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
Howdy Folks!

Well well well ... how do I explain buying my second Smokin-it in a month?

First let me give a big shout out to Bryan and Jackson down San Antonio way ... Thank You Gents!

I'm not crazy ... really I'm not, so here goes for your reading pleasure.

A few days ago Bryan placed an ad for his #2 on the forum. I went humm ... ol' John already has a new #1 and he's totally happy with it. But ...lol ... Back during the decision process I bounced back and forth with either the #! or the #2 and the final deciding factor was weight and size. I planned to take it RV'ing and driving everyone in the campground crazy with the smoking BBQ wants. So I ordered the #1 and got on with the seasoning and first smokes. At Thanksgiving #2 Son expressed and interest in buying his own #1, but he's tighter with his #1 bucks than anybody I know.

So being the #1 dad I am and it's Christmas time, the world tilted and I decided if Bryan and I could make a deal for his #2 my #2 would get my #1 as a gift and I would keep Bryan"s #2 as my new #1. We did a deal and now I own a #1 and a #2 with the #1 going to #2 on Christmas Day  :)

Keep smoking!!!

John

John ... Smokin #2  South of "Hells' Half Acre" and along ol' Deer Creek

stout

Re: New2Me #2+#1 Does Not Make 3
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »
now that's the holiday spirit

what happens when son #1 wants a #2 ? will son number #2 still be happy with his #1 or will you have to  get a #3 and start a new swapping smoke ring? and who's on first

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 01:19:21 PM »
 ;D
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

JustChillin

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »
Sounds great John but the story reminds me of "Who's on First". Maybe you should make an SI video :D  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

TX Gent

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 04:05:47 PM »
WELL... I gave #1 my ol'school stick burner back before Thanksgiving after I had ordered a #1 for numeral I and he was as happy as a tick on a puppy. Actually guys, you have great minds as I did pattern the first post after the old Laurel and Hardy routine and beside that, I really was a baseball coach for many years  ;D

BTW ... Son #1 has 5 to feed while Son #2 only has himself so I guess when numeral I's time is up #1 will probably get #2 unless daughter #1 who is actually #1 in birth order steps up and claims #2 ahead of #1 Son in which case it won't matter to numeral I.

Finished cleaning'er up and re-seasoning then I smoked some Texas Hill Country South Side Market Sausages ...got'ta break'er in right!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:15:07 PM by TX Gent »
John ... Smokin #2  South of "Hells' Half Acre" and along ol' Deer Creek

JustChillin

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »
A great holiday story! You will have one happy son.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »
I agree what a great holiday gift for you both!
Best Greg

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »
I love the convoluted story. Good exercise for my brain. ;D
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide