Author Topic: Replacement Cover 3d with Stephanie Cabinet  (Read 4749 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Replacement Cover 3d with Stephanie Cabinet
« on: November 03, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
Hey Guys,
My 3d is now about 1.5 years old and the cover is shot. I looked on the Smokin-it site but did not see a replacement cover that would fit the 3d and also cover the Stephanie Cabinet below.
Any thoughts of a cover that will work?
Best Greg

JustChillin

Re: Replacement Cover 3d with Stephanie Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
You might check the Cover Store and see if they make one that one fit. They make some nice covers.

https://www.the-cover-store.com/grill-covers/smoker-grill-covers
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
Under accessories. $89.99. Says it fits 3 and 3D with cart/cabinet. Double check with Steve.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »
You might check the Cover Store and see if they make one that one fit. They make some nice covers.

https://www.the-cover-store.com/grill-covers/smoker-grill-covers
Thanks they have one that is close, also it looks like coverandall.com will make you a custom cover for about $50.00.
Best Greg

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 03:11:59 PM »
Under accessories. $89.99. Says it fits 3 and 3D with cart/cabinet. Double check with Steve.
Thanks David,
I must have missed that, but since the original did not even last 2 years, I think I am going to shop around.
Best Greg

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 03:25:51 PM »
My 4 cover is starting to show signs of giving up. I’m going to look at evap cooler covers. The upholstery guy that does my boat work also sells a lot of heavy duty misc covers.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 03:41:15 PM »
My 4 cover is starting to show signs of giving up. I’m going to look at evap cooler covers. The upholstery guy that does my boat work also sells a lot of heavy duty misc covers.
Hey Dave,
I am leaning towards Covers and All, they will custom make any cover. Looks like for the 3d with cabinet around $45.00 non waterproof and $65.00 for a waterproof cover with a 5 year warranty. Not sure if you should have a waterproof cover and a smoker, seems like it might build up mold?
https://www.coversandall.com/custom-cover-grill-smoker-kettle-cover.html
Best Greg

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 06:45:21 PM »
I think that UV is destroying my current cover so that would probably be the key to what material would make the best cover.

cruxx

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 11:26:34 AM »
Hey Dave,
I am leaning towards Covers and All, they will custom make any cover. Looks like for the 3d with cabinet around $45.00 non waterproof and $65.00 for a waterproof cover with a 5 year warranty. Not sure if you should have a waterproof cover and a smoker, seems like it might build up mold?
Best Greg

hello

did you ever get a cover for your 3d from that place? what measurements did you use please?

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 01:26:44 PM »
Hey Dave,
Best Greg

hello

did you ever get a cover for your 3d from that place? what measurements did you use please?

I did get the cover and it is super heavy duty, I would say at least 2x the thickness of the original. I was a bit surprised when it finally shipped it came from India, but it only took three weeks. I most likely could have ordered it about 2" shorter, but the extra length does not hurt it.
The cost for this size was $64.02 + $9.95 shipping. I used the coupon code COV5 and got $5.00 off for a total of $69.97.

Custom Size:
Height:     45"
Width:     28"
Depth:     18"

Best Greg

stout

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 02:26:11 PM »
Hey Dave,
Best Greg

hello

I did get the cover and it is super heavy duty, I would say at least 2x the thickness of the original. I was a bit surprised when it finally shipped it came from India, but it only took three weeks. I most likely could have ordered it about 2" shorter, but the extra length does not hurt it.
The cost for this size was $64.02 + $9.95 shipping. I used the coupon code COV5 and got $5.00 off for a total of $69.97.

Custom Size:
Height:     45"
Width:     28"
Depth:     18"

Best Greg

cruxx is my brother visiting for a few days his is on a stand like yours so he'll be pretty happy to read this too
and thank you very much from me too
mine is not on a stand so i can get one that is shorter. it is very good to have measurements from someone who has one to know it actually fits well. and thank you for the pictures and further review too the sun is really eating up the cover that came with mine

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:31:06 PM by stout »

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »
I would say the width & the depth are perfect, so just measure the height and you should be good to go.
Best Greg

stout

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 03:12:53 PM »
now i just have to talk my brother in to ordering mine when he orders his and giving it to me for Christmas

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 03:25:25 PM »
now i just have to talk my brother in to ordering mine when he orders his and giving it to me for Christmas
That would be a great Xmas gift!
Best Greg

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 04:38:45 PM »
When I got my smoker, I liked the cord hooks but took them off because I got tired of wrestling with the cover to get it on.  Just something to consider when ordering a cover for size.