Author Topic: Tony (Divotmaker)? Mystery solved!  (Read 10558 times)

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
Tony (Divotmaker)? Mystery solved!
« on: October 15, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »
I haven't been real active lately and was just reading some posts.  I noticed that Sarge mentioned something about Tony not being heard from in a while.  I took a look at his profile and his last post was in March and the last time his account was accessed was in May. 

It may be common knowledge to everyone but I'm curious, what happened to Tony?

Edit from DivotMaker... I am really flattered that everyone was concerned!  I have locked this topic because this place is not about me, it's about the Q!  So let's go smoke something!  :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:31:10 PM by DivotMaker »
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Tony (Divotmaker)?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »
A couple of big name regular contributors have been noticeably absent which leads to lots of speculation.  I've seen nothing posted. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 06:19:21 PM »
Very strange for DM to be gone for that long.  He basically is the spokesman for Smokin-It and this site. Without him, I doubt this site would be what it is today. Without this site being what it is, I wonder how long it would have taken Smokin-It to get where they are now?

Very strange indeed.
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »
I've tried with a few PMs and got no reply.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 09:05:06 PM »
Good thing we are a well mannered group and can function for months with no moderator.  I'm on some forums that would have blown up by now.  LOL!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 10:15:43 PM »
NDKoze has also been less active this year. Although he does seem to patrol the sausage and charcuterie boards occasionally. I also saw him make mention of being very busy this summer, but trying to keep up on questions in those areas where he has the most expertise.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »
Greg is one thing.  DM being absent is a whole nother ball game...

The Woodlands, Texas

SconnieQ

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 12:37:39 AM »
Gregg is a huge asset to the forum too. Looks like he has been posting about once a month.
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 12:51:19 AM »
No doubt. I'm sure he's just busy.  I can text him and find out.  DM being gone that long isn't comparing Apple to apples.
The Woodlands, Texas

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 11:07:50 AM »
Yeah, I am not in Tony's league for sure. :)

I have just been really busy with work and out at the lake on weekends. So, just haven't had the time to spend on the board.

I have tried to monitor the Sausage board as best I can as that is the one that I feel that I can contribute the most.

A Summer/Fall hiatus has been pretty typical for me and I did the same thing for the past few Summers/Falls. So, I expect that I will be spending more and more time on the board in the coming months as hunting and more meat processing goes.

Rest assured, I have still been smoking food. But, I haven't really don't anything new for awhile. This weekend, I am going to be making a 25lb batch of Maple Breakfast Sausage Links (which will be a first for this recipe/sausage casing size/type) and will create a post on this.  :) These sausage links will be fresh sausages made without cure, so they will be stuffed and immediately frozen (so they don't flatten in the Vacuum Sealer) and later vacuum packed for long-term storage. :)

Smoke on my friends.

Gregg (AKA NDKoze)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 12:16:03 PM »
Good to see you back Gregg. Rest assured that you are a very valuable member of the forum and your insught and helpful comments are much appreciated.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

SconnieQ

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 01:36:41 PM »
I have just been really busy with work and out at the lake on weekends. So, just haven't had the time to spend on the board.

Isn't it nice to know you are missed? ;D
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 01:47:15 PM »
Good to see you back Gregg. Rest assured that you are a very valuable member of the forum and your ins(i)ght and helpful comments are much appreciated.
+1
No forum is carried on the back of an individual member.  Everyone has something valuable to contribute. 

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 06:42:33 PM »
Thanks for not sending me back to the Introductions page guys. ;)

A big +1 to the comments from David, Kari, and Dave!

This community prospers because of EVERYONE'S contributions and the ability to this community to hold onto the helpful family-friendly nature that seems to get forgotten on most other product/topic boards.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 06:49:35 PM »
I agree with all.  I hope my comment earlier is not misunderstood. 
The Woodlands, Texas