Author Topic: Just ordered #3  (Read 2677 times)

Smokin Q

Just ordered #3
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »
I ordered the #3 on Saturday after using the forum to do my research. I have been grillin' and smokin' for 25 years, but this is my first electric smoker. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for my smoker to arrive so I can get it seasoned and start cooking. I am a huge college football fan -Roll Tide! - and cook for friends and family every Saturday during football season. I am ready to fire (or plug) this thing up for game days.
Miller from Alabama
SI #3
Weber Genesis

Jimeo

Re: Just ordered #3
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »
Welcome from Georgia, Miller!  Get ready for some good game day eats!!!
Jim in Marietta Georgia
SI#2
Weber Genesis E-310

drains

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »
Welcome from Texas Miller! Looking forward to reading your posts.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
Welcome Miller from SE Arizona.  The SI3 is a really great smoker.  Enjoy!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »
Congrats, Miller and welcome to the family!
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

JustChillin

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
Welcome aboard Miller! I am counting on my SI2 to provide some great food for tailgating this year as well. It appears that you should pick a better team, one that knows how to win  ;D.
We are actually friends with Bill McDonald's family, a long time trainer for Bama football. He is a great guy. Provide plenty of food BBQ to your fellow tailgaters.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

scubahubby

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 07:15:47 PM »
Welcome Miller!  I know the anticipation, my 2D arrives tomorrow night.... then I go on vacation and have to wait a week before I can do my first smoke.  Torture!
Ozzy from SF Bay Area
SI-2D, 3xAnova SousVide

Smokin Q

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 09:19:06 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I have been reading previous post, recipes, cooking techniques, etc. from most of you. I checked my tracking # and I am expecting delivery Wednesday. Very quick delivery for a large item considering I ordered Saturday night.

I am planning on seasoning the smoker Thursday and getting meat ready for the first cook starting Friday night. I am going to hit it heavy and break this thing in right! Planning on starting a butt Friday night with apple and pecan wood, 3 slabs of BB ribs going on Sat morning, beans and corn going in a few hours before serving a pregame Alabama-FSU dinner. It may be a challenge trying to get everything ready to serve near the same time while adjusting to the cooking times, but I can't wait to get started.

I am coming from charcoal and wood smoking, so the hardest thing for me is going to be leaving it alone and letting it do its magic!

MD

Miller from Alabama
SI #3
Weber Genesis

JustChillin

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 07:53:20 AM »
Good luck! It should be some good food and a good game.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

ibbones

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »
Welcome from South Texas.
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

Walt

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 12:22:54 PM »
Your timeing sound about right. Good luck.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 12:56:04 PM »
Sounds like a challenging first smoke. Just allow plenty of time for the meat. If they are done early, they can be out of the smoker and resting while you smoke your sides. Once you get the hang of these smokers, it's pretty easy. I think you'll appreciate the hands-off bbq when having guests, especially on game days. You can always use your charcoal grill when you get the need for fussing.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Durangosmoker

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 03:41:04 PM »
Welcome from the Hudson Valley.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.