Author Topic: Step in to RG's Sub Shop! Lots'o'pics as expected (Roll recipe within)  (Read 6686 times)

RG

Jason,
That Chicago Metallic II for $12.14 (Amazon Prime) is the same one I ordered. Great deal.  I also ordered the Chicago Metallic II French Bread Pan at the same time.  They arrive tomorrow so I think I know what I will be experimenting with this weekend. On another note, I got motivated enough to pull out my "go to" baking bible, "Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast" and will attempt some rustic style breads.
Thanks for the incentive. This escapade should be good for at least 10 added pounds.

Sounds like a plan, Bill! Have fun baking, I find it (and cooking in general) to be therapeutic! This "therapy" has cost me plenty over the years though. I've got cooking gadgets, grills, smokers, etc. everywhere I turn :P
Jason from Conyers GA

coachB

I know what you mean Jason.  I just got off the Amazon site and ordered another book on artisan breads, a 10" rattan proofing basket, and a couple of dough mixing containers.  It is therapeutic, but being single you can't eat all you cook so the neighbors and friends get the benefit of the overage.

I love it when somebody says it is so much cheaper to make quality food yourself at home.  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhtttttttt.
Bill from Myrtle Beach SC

RG

Nah, it sure is hell ain't cheaper but it's a fun hobby and we get to eat our creations! Plus the side benefit of hearing people brag about your food is always a plus!
Jason from Conyers GA

coachB

Yeah, that is a bit of an ego trip.
Bill from Myrtle Beach SC

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
RG....  You never fail to impress with your endeavors ....  as always well done sir!!!!!!!
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

RG

RG....  You never fail to impress with your endeavors ....  as always well done sir!!!!!!!

Thanks Mr. Ball. :P I appreciate that. I get these wild hairs up my....well, you know, every once in a while and I tend to go to extremes. This was one of those times  ;D
Jason from Conyers GA