Author Topic: Whole Yard Bird  (Read 2072 times)

pargolfr2003

Whole Yard Bird
« on: July 09, 2017, 03:25:21 PM »
Brined using DM's recipe, seasoned with Famous Dave's roast chicken  rub then smoked with Maple for about 3hours. Always get a pretty consistent result.
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle
LOTS of cold beer and/or wine

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Whole Yard Bird
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 09:44:58 PM »
I never appreciated chicken on my Weber Smokey Mountain. It took much setup for just chicken. Chicken is one of my favorite smokes on the SI. It's something I can do with almost no advance planning, and the taste in incredible!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Limey

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 10:02:33 PM »
Kari, I totally agree, and if you do it beer can style i.e. on a vertical roaster you can afford to put a small round drip pan under it. This gives you almost no cleanup.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

pargolfr2003

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 07:54:19 PM »
Yeah this was the beer can method but kinda hard to tell by the pic. Leftovers make awesome smoked chicken salad.
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle
LOTS of cold beer and/or wine