Author Topic: Leftover Wood From Old Smoker on Model 3?  (Read 5964 times)

raymillsus

Re: Leftover Wood From Old Smoker on Model 3?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »
sounds like they have some promise.. hope they work out well for you
I hate to see things go to waste

I do as well. 2 of my guys bought bradley's after trying my bbq. They have already said they will take whatever pucks I have left over. You know "No need to throw them out". LOL
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Tec Sterling 2 Infrared Grill
USN 1988-1998 Medically discharged.
Biker at heart, I ride for abused children
Great BBQ is a passion.

stout

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 10:39:53 AM »
haha trade them for brisket

raymillsus

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 12:09:20 PM »
haha trade them for brisket

Never thought of that actually. I may have about $100 worth of pucks here. :D
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Great BBQ is a passion.

stout

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 01:07:12 PM »
there's gold in them thar pucks

or beef or pork ...

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 01:49:43 PM »
2 of my guys bought bradley's after trying my bbq. They have already said they will take whatever pucks I have left over. You know "No need to throw them out". LOL

2 of your guys might end up buying a Smokin-it once those pucks run out! ;D
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

raymillsus

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 01:53:00 PM »
They are already asking me "Did you buy another Bradley?" I said No they said "well what did you get then? I thought you loved the bradley" I said I do but I smoke way too much for it. I need something more "Commercial" Sent them the link. They said "Wow that think looks awesome, but pricey" I said it is cheaper when I do not have to replace it every 4 years.

We will see what happens.
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Great BBQ is a passion.

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
They are already asking me "Did you buy another Bradley?" I said No they said "well what did you get then? I thought you loved the bradley" I said I do but I smoke way too much for it. I need something more "Commercial" Sent them the link. They said "Wow that think looks awesome, but pricey" I said it is cheaper when I do not have to replace it every 4 years.

You get what you pay for. ;D ;D I'm surprised Bradleys last 4 years. Longer than Masterbuilts. Seems like I hear Masterbuilts only last a year or so if you are lucky before the element burns out (and the element is not replaceable). Compared to SmokinTex or CookShack (the most similar to SI), the SI prices are amazing, and the quality of the SI is better in every detail. Comparing Bradley or Masterbuilt to SI is kind of apples to oranges. It was seeing a Masterbuilt on QVC that got me interested in electric smokers, and somehow I stumbled on the SI when I started researching. Dodged a bullet there! ;D
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

raymillsus

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 05:33:27 PM »

You get what you pay for. ;D ;D I'm surprised Bradleys last 4 years. Longer than Masterbuilts. Seems like I hear Masterbuilts only last a year or so if you are lucky before the element burns out (and the element is not replaceable). Compared to SmokinTex or CookShack (the most similar to SI), the SI prices are amazing, and the quality of the SI is better in every detail. Comparing Bradley or Masterbuilt to SI is kind of apples to oranges. It was seeing a Masterbuilt on QVC that got me interested in electric smokers, and somehow I stumbled on the SI when I started researching. Dodged a bullet there! ;D

Well I can tell you how I found them Old Sarge is to blame. LOL
When I say it was 4 years. it was done a long time ago but I used a Ratchet strap to keep the door on. :) But if finally gave up the ghost. When I get rid of something trust me you dont want it.
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Great BBQ is a passion.