Author Topic: Spicy Sicilian Pizza  (Read 2564 times)

RG

Spicy Sicilian Pizza
« on: June 09, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
I'm back with something good y'all! I made a Sicilian pizza for dinner recently and it rocked! I made up some fresh dough and some spicy garlic sauce using San Marzano tomatoes. I put some spicy pepperoni and hot Italian sausage on there with over a pound of fresh grated mozzarella, provolone and parmesan cheese. The dough basically gets fried in olive oil as it bakes. It is some righteous stuff! Crispy and chewy.

I used This Recipe for the most part. I added some honey and a little basil to the sauce and for the pizza I used less olive oil than it called for in the pan. I originally used what it said but ended up pouring some off after the dough was risen. I also used  more cheese than called for. It's pizza, you make it how you want. I added sausage and it was a good addition. I par cooked the sausage before putting it on the pizza.

Enough talk, take a look!

I have made this again since making the first one shown in this post. The second time I made it I used butter flavored crisco in the tray with just a smidge of olive oil. I wanted a buttery crust and it did the trick. It is out freaking standing! I suggest y'all give it a whirl.
Jason from Conyers GA

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Spicy Sicilian Pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:32:40 PM »
That's a good looking pizza Jason. Made me instantly hungry.  And thanks for the recipe!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:34:21 PM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

EFGM

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:48:36 PM »
What Dave said! But it's too late to eat again, you making me go to bed hungry! But I'll have delicious dreams. thanks
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 11:51:11 PM »
Excellent !
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 06:51:57 PM »
A+
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

drains

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 04:24:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing the recipe it looks soooo good!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3