Author Topic: Looking for the simplest brisket smoke  (Read 2192 times)

Jimeo

Looking for the simplest brisket smoke
« on: June 30, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »
Hello!  Considering doing my first brisket for the 4th.  Been reading a lot on the forum and have seen a number of different ways that people do them, brine, no brine etc... Hoping someone can help me with a "keep it simple stupid" option.  Any suggestions appreciated!  Happy 4th!
Jim in Marietta Georgia
SI#2
Weber Genesis E-310

stout

Re: Looking for the simplest brisket smoke
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 01:48:30 PM »
i brine but you don't have to.. and removing that step makes it simpler for sure

put some rub on it let it sit for a few hours or over night.. then in to the smoker.. set to 225 probe it to 190 or so.. take out wrap and let it rest for an hour or so up to several hours.. i wrap in aluminum foil and a towel and in to an ice chest you can wrap and put it in a turned off oven though if need be.. i guess you can even take it out of the smoker and slice and eat right away but you might lose a lot of juices

Jimeo

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 02:32:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply Stout.  Trying for early success on these first smokes.  I have a family vacation coming up, 27 people, and thinking of bringing the #2.  Fridge space will be at a minimum so brining really won't be an option for anything.  Trying to demo a few things at home first before we go.
Jim in Marietta Georgia
SI#2
Weber Genesis E-310

EFGM

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »
Although the holiday has the price higher than normal, get you a Prime Packer from Costco. No need to brine with those. Then do your thing. You won't be disappointed!

Happy Smoking and enjoy!
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"