Author Topic: Spicy Sicilian Pizza  (Read 278 times)

RG

• View Profile
Spicy Sicilian Pizza
« on: June 09, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
I'm back with something good y'all! I made a Sicilian pizza for dinner recently and it rocked! I made up some fresh dough and some spicy garlic sauce using San Marzano tomatoes. I put some spicy pepperoni and hot Italian sausage on there with over a pound of fresh grated mozzarella, provolone and parmesan cheese. The dough basically gets fried in olive oil as it bakes. It is some righteous stuff! Crispy and chewy.

I used This Recipe for the most part. I added some honey and a little basil to the sauce and for the pizza I used less olive oil than it called for in the pan. I originally used what it said but ended up pouring some off after the dough was risen. I also used  more cheese than called for. It's pizza, you make it how you want. I added sausage and it was a good addition. I par cooked the sausage before putting it on the pizza.

Enough talk, take a look!

I have made this again since making the first one shown in this post. The second time I made it I used butter flavored crisco in the tray with just a smidge of olive oil. I wanted a buttery crust and it did the trick. It is out freaking standing! I suggest y'all give it a whirl.
Jason from Conyers GA

old sarge

• View Profile
Re: Spicy Sicilian Pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:32:40 PM »
That's a good looking pizza Jason. Made me instantly hungry.  And thanks for the recipe!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:34:21 PM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
SI 3D
CS 066 (retired to my son's home)
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
US Army 70 - 95

EFGM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:48:36 PM »
What Dave said! But it's too late to eat again, you making me go to bed hungry! But I'll have delicious dreams. thanks
Doug
Carrollton, Tx
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D: ST1500CXLD modified: PG1000: TAPPECUE:
A “Briskitarian” is one of two types of people. Either one who smokes his or her “Hunk of Goodness” until it probes like Butter or one who enjoys his or her “Goodness” smoked until it probes like Butter.

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 11:51:11 PM »
Excellent !
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 06:51:57 PM »
A+
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

drains

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 04:24:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing the recipe it looks soooo good!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3