Author Topic: What do you cook when your vegan daughter is home from college?  (Read 3283 times)

RG

LASAGNA! Full of meat and cheese. She ate a can of vegan soup, bleh!

It was a new recipe I tried and it rocked! I used This One

The only thing I did differently was use cottage cheese instead of ricotta and I amped up the sauce a little with some crushed red pepper flakes and I also topped it with some smoked provolone slices.

Good stuff!
Jason from Conyers GA

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: What do you cook when your vegan daughter is home from college?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 01:09:06 PM »
Get a block of Tofu cut it in one inch squares, marinate it in Soy & Teriyaki, throw in some minced fresh garlic and fat pinch of brisket rub.

Marinate at least an hour in a zip top bag, smoke on high heat until warmed through. Sear the cubes with a torch a hot grill.

Portebello Mushroom Caps, scrape out the gills with a spoon, marinate with olive oil, Soy, and brisket seasoning. Smoke on high heat until softened.

Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

RG

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 02:20:18 PM »
Get a block of Tofu cut it in one inch squares, marinate it in Soy & Teriyaki, throw in some minced fresh garlic and fat pinch of brisket rub.

Marinate at least an hour in a zip top bag, smoke on high heat until warmed through. Sear the cubes with a torch a hot grill.

Portebello Mushroom Caps, scrape out the gills with a spoon, marinate with olive oil, Soy, and brisket seasoning. Smoke on high heat until softened.

You took the title literally, lol. Thanks for the suggestions though ;)
Jason from Conyers GA

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 11:14:13 PM »
Step No 4 with the tofu............when does the trash go out.

Lasagna looks great, I bookmarked that page to peruse through.

6 year old son going on 11 in the house so food is always fun around here!
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:13:57 AM »
Joke if you want but we sell a ton of Tofu and Mushrooms. I did not read the post I just hit the link and added my comments.

Personally I don't make fun of vegans, or what they want to eat.  To me vegans and hunters are honest about food. Vegans don't kill and hunters do, everybody else gets their food knocked off by a paid hit man and wrapped in tidy little packages so they can pretend it didn't have a face.

I did go back and look at the lasagna, it is impressive.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

RG

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »
Joke if you want but we sell a ton of Tofu and Mushrooms. I did not read the post I just hit the link and added my comments.

Personally I don't make fun of vegans, or what they want to eat.  To me vegans and hunters are honest about food. Vegans don't kill and hunters do, everybody else gets their food knocked off by a paid hit man and wrapped in tidy little packages so they can pretend it didn't have a face.

I did go back and look at the lasagna, it is impressive.

I will spin this in a more positive direction. It was all tongue in cheek. My daughter did come home from college and I was NOT making lasagna to feed her but if I did, it would've been using Daiya brand "fake" cheese and veggies. This was strictly for the rest of the house to eat. I don't like her being vegan any more than I dislike her being vegan. It's her choice and I'm sure she'll outlive the rest of us by eating what she eats! As for joking, that IS what it was and she IS my daughter, so it's all intended to be lighthearted :P

I've eaten many vegan dishes and like quite a few but for me personally, I could never go vegan. Vegetarian would even be hard but I'd stand a much better chance. I think I could do a pescatarian diet easiest of them all (shy of being what I am currently doing, lol).

Much love to all, eat what you like!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:25:41 AM by RG »
Jason from Conyers GA

stout

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 08:49:06 AM »

Durangosmoker

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 06:11:29 PM »
ROTFLMAO!!
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.