Author Topic: So....I see that this must be a sign.........  (Read 1001 times)

RG

• View Profile
So....I see that this must be a sign.........
« on: February 16, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »
.....of a new SI?
Jason from Conyers GA

old sarge

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: So....I see that this must be a sign.........
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:31:37 PM »
Oh, I don't know.  There are a lot of folks who had their SI for a year or longer before joining the forum. Forums are not for everyone.
David from Arizona
SI 3D
CS 066 (retired to my son's home)
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
US Army 70 - 95

NDKoze

• Gregg - Fargo, ND
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:16:37 PM »
I don't think it is a sign. People are already ordering these bad boys:

http://www.smokin-it.com/electric-Smoker-p/smkmdl3.5d.htm

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=5969.0

I am still not sure I am sold on the value, but it sounds like they are selling. So, more power to the SI I say. :)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 that has now replaced the Masterbuilt XL and 10+ Year-Old Big Chief. I also have a Weber Genesis Gas Grill, Weber Little Smokey at home and a Chargriller Deluxe (stick burner) and Camp Chef Three Burner Stove with Grill/Griddle out at the lake place.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »
I looked at the stainless steel competition from two other companies (ST and CS) and the 3.5 looks like a bargain to me.  The ST 1460 is $995.00 without a PID plus shipping.  Deduct the cost of the lesser PID ($199.99) from the 3.5 and the SI is  a paltry $5.00 more.   Shipping is free, 2 extra shelves, more door latches, and 4 locking wheels. That to me is a bargain.  For the CS Amerique/066  at $1899.00.  Deduct the cost of it's controller ($718.75) and you are left with a cost of $1180.25, plus shipping. I think Steve has the 3.5 priced just right and it will appeal to a certain segment of the smoking public.
David from Arizona
SI 3D
CS 066 (retired to my son's home)
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
US Army 70 - 95

NDKoze

• Gregg - Fargo, ND
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 10:50:49 PM »
There is no competition between SI and the other SS competitors. The only competition is between the SI smokers themselves. I'm just saying that I am still not sold that the #3.5D is worth the extra dollars over a #3. Even with the free shipping, I could almost buy two analog #3's for the price of one #3.5D.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 that has now replaced the Masterbuilt XL and 10+ Year-Old Big Chief. I also have a Weber Genesis Gas Grill, Weber Little Smokey at home and a Chargriller Deluxe (stick burner) and Camp Chef Three Burner Stove with Grill/Griddle out at the lake place.