Author Topic: Jess Pryles Charcoal Rub  (Read 666 times)

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
    • View Profile
Jess Pryles Charcoal Rub
« on: February 16, 2017, 04:33:01 AM »
Has anyone tried this? It has activated charcoal made from coconut husks as one of its ingredients.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI8iy3lx2w0
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:34:55 AM by Meatball »
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

EFGM

• View Profile
Re: Jess Pryles Charcoal Rub
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »
Have not tried it but just ordered a small bottle and will post my results. Thanks for posing question. Since Tatonka Dust is currently unavailable, this might be a solution for me with my DT Rub.
Doug
Carrollton, Tx
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D: ST1500CXLD modified: PG1000: TAPPECUE:
A “Briskitarian” is one of two types of people. Either one who smokes his or her “Hunk of Goodness” until it probes like Butter or one who enjoys his or her “Goodness” smoked until it probes like Butter.

Meatball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 12:32:55 PM »
The activated charcoal / husks are available on some spice sites. Wondering how it would blend added to a rub mix.
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

EFGM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »
I think it would blend fine, just take a lot of experimenting to find out how much. What I did to come up with what I call my DT rub, was just use a Dalmatian (the D) with 50/50 of Kosher Salt and Course Black Pepper as the first layer on my Briskets and then sprinkle the Tatonka Dust (the T in DT) on top of it. It makes it the perfect taste profile. Once I'm out of Tatonka Dust, (if they don't have it back on the market yet) I will have to find something else and I think I will be trying this. It doesn't have the worchester powder, but if I have to experiment a little I am willing. By the way, Jess Pryles Ships quick, I already have my tracking number.
Doug
Carrollton, Tx
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D: ST1500CXLD modified: PG1000: TAPPECUE:
A “Briskitarian” is one of two types of people. Either one who smokes his or her “Hunk of Goodness” until it probes like Butter or one who enjoys his or her “Goodness” smoked until it probes like Butter.

Meatball

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 12:50:50 PM »
Here is another version....http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/blends/cookco.html.   
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

Meatball

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 08:13:36 PM »
Just used some of this Charcoal Seasoning...... 
https://www.savoryspiceshop.com/charcoal-seasoning
Good stuff..... pretty mild out of the bag.... not overpowering.  Very good as a base for blending.
Used it on some NY Strips after blending......  very happy with the results. Very impressed with the shipping .... received in 3 days.  They also have some blends of there own that look interesting.
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector