Author Topic: Big Easy & SRG mods  (Read 3231 times)

tmb

Big Easy & SRG mods
« on: February 12, 2017, 08:10:35 PM »
If you own one of these little beauties you know how well they cook turkeys, chickens and spuds

But did you know ribs can be cooked in about an hour and a half or so and 10 lbs butts can be cooked to fork tender in 4 to 5 hrs.   

I have many mods that work well for these grills and I will be posting them over the next few days. Just need to gather all my pictures and stories

Here is one of the mods   A 4 inch breather hole on top really helps this thing out. 

Blocked the side vents, because hot air goes up and out not sideways

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Big Easy & SRG mods
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:26:17 PM »
Looking good.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

tmb

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »
While driving home one night I was thinking about the big cook that I have coming up on April 14th.  I was thinking on how to get my my 9+ lbs butts out of my baskets without them hanging up and tearing the meat.

Well , I look over to the side of my truck an caught a glimpse of an old trash can holder (you slide the can in and it holds them in place)   So here it is and yes you need to use the non-stick rack to help support the basket while the meat is in there

I will know Saturday how well it works and will post results. Being able to grab the butt from both sides should help quit a bit in removing them

tmb

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
 Here is a link for the racks that fit in the SRG not the Big Easy

http://www.kitchencollection.com/hamilton-beach-nonstick-set-of-2-broiler-racks-04477