Author Topic: Desert Kitchen Set-up with #2  (Read 7580 times)

Camadile

• Cookin' Outdoors, Mojoe Style
    • Mojoe Outfitters
Re: Desert Kitchen Set-up with #2
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 11:26:10 AM »
I love your setup, especially you washing machine grill. My question is how do you put wood in with the flat plate on top? And how do you keep it from sliding off? We have one for camping without the round plate on top. I made a expanded metal grate that fits over 3/4 of the top with two handles and bent down to keep it from sliding off. best grill . We take the grate off and use it for our fire pit at salmon camp.Our washing machine drum is stainless steel, and has 3 legs that are 13 inches high so when we sit around it the heat radiates out and keeps our legs warm.

Thanks Ed!  Excellent questions.  The griddle that I use on my washtub fire pit is called the Mojoe Griddle.  I am the owner and inventor of the company that sells it.  The guys here on the Smokin-it forum were extremely helpful with advice when I was first getting started with it.

The Mojoe comes with two stainless steel handles that can be attached on opposite sides of the griddle so that you can lift it straight off the washtub (or Weber, or campfire or propane stove or any other heat source) and set it on the ground, with food still sizzling, while you add more firewood.

The Mojoe also has three steel bars radially welded to the bottom of the plate.  These "mounting" bars, with a purposefully rough bottom edge, lift the Mojoe up off the rim of your heat source by one inch allowing heat and air to flow freely out to the edge of the Griddle.  the mounting bars also provide a very stable three points of contact to the rim of the heat source.  Also, the Mojoe is made from 1/4" steel plate and weighs 35 pounds so its weight alone just makes it hard to move or slide around.

Here's a couple of videos that I made while using the Mojoe on a washtub fire pit:

https://youtu.be/85wCGCAFSUM

https://youtu.be/_RpC5Jz7b28

You can also check out our website at:

www.mojoegriddle.com

Cam

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 12:02:56 PM »
I can only imagine the sense of serenity you must get at sunset with the smoke going... that is living.
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

Camadile

• Mojoe Outfitters
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 11:33:47 AM »
I can only imagine the sense of serenity you must get at sunset with the smoke going... that is living.

There's nothing like it - Crisp dry air, beautiful desert scenery and a hint of meat smoking.  The sunsets at this spot can be spectacular.  Here's a sample:

Camadile

• Mojoe Outfitters
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 11:56:04 AM »
Here's another desert sunset pic from there:

Durangosmoker

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 05:34:36 PM »
Nice!
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.