Author Topic: Chili Cheese Dogs  (Read 3028 times)

RG

Chili Cheese Dogs
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:43:58 PM »
Last night felt like a Sahlen's night so I had Stephanie (Mrs. RG) go by Publix and pick up a pack of Sahlen's and some split top buns. While she was there she spotted a bag of Nathan's Crinkle fries. These fries are like double cut, fat crinkle fries. I've never eaten at a Nathan's Hot Dog so I guess maybe this is the type of fry they sell? I deep fried them in Crisco and seasoned them with Lawry's Seasoning Salt. For the dogs, Steph Kegged them and I earlier today made some hotdog chili by winging it, turned out excellent and along with a little mustard, ketchup, cheese and onions made a darn good dinner! Take a look!

Because we both were cooking, this came together quick! I like it when we both pitch in. I'm a lucky man to have a wife that likes to grill, I can't deny that!
Jason from Conyers GA

JustChillin

Re: Chili Cheese Dogs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:49:44 PM »
They look great! BTW, you are also a lucky man to have a wife that enjoys a good chili dog for dinner.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

RG

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »
They look great! BTW, you are also a lucky man to have a wife that enjoys a good chili dog for dinner.
Yes sir! She also loves FALCONS!! I can't wait for Sunday!
Jason from Conyers GA

barelfly

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »
looks good! nothing like a good ol chili dog!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

JustChillin

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »
Jason, just count your blessing. My wife enjoys sports more than I. She nearly divorced me when I refused to get GA Tech season tickets the other year. While I enjoy the games, I really enjoy the tailgating. Go Falcons!!
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 07:12:58 PM »
Made a good batch of chili about a week ago.  Leftovers made some great chili dogs.  Looking at those I believe I could eat some more.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
Nice retro dinnerware. :)
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 07:55:57 PM »
Nice retro dinnerware. :)

Ha! You spotted that did you? Hehehe. You oughtta see the plates in my cabinets. I've got stuff I know 30-40 years old! Maybe older. I've been married 25 years and I have some stuff that was handed down from both sides of the family when we started out. Hey, still works! :P
Jason from Conyers GA

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »
Nice messy dogs, good eats:)   
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA