Author Topic: Food for football  (Read 18092 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Food for football
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 01:12:23 AM »
Oh... and, baby backs and cheese queso/chips appetizer, for us, on Sunday!  Guess I could do some chickens and call them "smoked falcon!"  Haha!

"Smoked Falcon"? Now that's funny.  ;D
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

RG

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »
Kari, GB has zero chance. Make peace with it, lol! :P

Heh...  You sound just like my Cowgirl buddies!  Hahaha!  Never underestimate Aaron Rodgers... Make peace with it!  ;D ;D

I knew the Cowboys would lose. I was actually surprised they made it so close! Atlanta is much better than Dallas. Dallas had an easy schedule meanwhile Atlanta had the hardest schedule in the NFL this year so I think they're ready to beat the Pack. Add to that the fact that GB hasn't had a bye in 15 weeks and are on the road. It's going to be a tough out for them and I fully expect Atlanta to not only win but on "paper" it shouldn't even be close. That's why they play the games though! Aaron is an excellent QB and is hot right now but Matt isn't exactly struggling, lol. The Atlanta offense is humming like a fine tuned machine, Matt even got to sit out a couple 4th quarters toward the end of the year. I didn't see Rodgers or Brady doing that ;)

So......make peace with it Tony. Be prepared to root for my Falcons when they go to the big dance :)

Here's to a good, injury free game!

Smoked Falcon........lol!! :P
Jason from Conyers GA

barelfly

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 12:45:22 PM »
There's football on this weekend?????

Ugggghhh... You darn GB fans just had to say something! Hahah, coming from a Cowboys fan.

I will be smoking a tri-tip tomorrow, but won't have much interest in the games! BARRETT-Jackson should provide some entertainment though :)
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

Donmac

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 01:16:21 PM »
You guys seem to forget that it does not matter if your team wins this weekend. Because soon after that they will have to face the greatest QB and greatest football team in the history of the NFL.

Tom Brady and the NE Patriots!

Babybacks tonight for me too!
Don from New Hampshire, 3D & #1 Owner

RG

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
Patriots have to get by the Steelers first. That isn't a foregone conclusion just like in my case. Falcons should beat the Pack, Pats should beat the Steelers but it wouldn't surprise me to see a GB PIT Superbowl! Anything is possible! That's why I love football!

As for the food, we can all agree on that, lol! It looks like ribs are the theme this weekend. I am pressing the easy button and making brisket chili for my guests. We are going to play Cards Against Humanity before the game, eat a few snacks while we play and then brisket chili with jalapeño cheddar cornbread during the game. Hopefully everybody will enjoy the day tomorrow!
Jason from Conyers GA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »
We know that GB is limping into this game with a lot of injuries.  Does Atlanta have any significant people missing the game?  We've seen what Rodgers looks like with no weapons at receiver before.   :P
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

RG

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 06:29:42 PM »
We know that GB is limping into this game with a lot of injuries.  Does Atlanta have any significant people missing the game?  We've seen what Rodgers looks like with no weapons at receiver before.   :P

Well as far as offense, Julio's turf toe is something he's battled most of the season but he'll still play. Other than that, there are no injuries. The last time they played each other Atlanta was without part of their 2 headed running back monster, Tevin Coleman. He's back. On defense we're missing our supposed "shut down" corner, Desmond Trufant. I hate that term BTW. Shut Down corner my tail, lol. Richard Sherman is supposed to be a shut down corner yet Julio eats his lunch on the regular. He gets caught holding Julio repeatedly but more often than not he gets away with it. The last time they played, the Falcons and GB both had 3 sacks each. Two of Atlanta's came from Adrian Clayborn but he had season ending surgery. Green Bay didn't play Clay Matthews in the first game, I don't know his status for tomorrow.

Both teams have injuries just like both teams in the AFC have injuries. I think Green Bay may be the worst off of all and I'm sure when the Falcons win, the pundits and talking heads will attribute it more to the Packers being gimpy than Atlanta just winning. It's how Atlanta is treated by the media, always has been. So......we shall see tomorrow! RISE UP!!! ;)
Jason from Conyers GA

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 07:07:19 PM »
We (Pack) do have significant injuries to our starters and "star" players. But...every team can make that claim at this point in the season. And...the Pack just keep pulling it off somehow. They are scrappers. I think the Pack is in worse shape injury-wise than anyone else in the running. That being said, I will be having baby backs, with Famous Dave's rub with added brown sugar. (That is very unusual, because I always make may own rub.) Fresh baked multi-grain rolls and cucumber salad. Go Pack! ;D
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 08:08:29 PM »
I love it Kari! I have a ton of respect for the Pack, great fans like yourself. Win or lose, both teams have had a heck of a season to make it this far.
Jason from Conyers GA

JustChillin

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 07:18:57 AM »
While it is more fun when your teams wins, it sounds like we will all win when it comes to enjoying some good food and time with family & friends. Eat up and enjoy the day! I thought that I should add Tony's check list as a reminder for everyone.

1.   Foil in place? Check!
2.   Hole poked foil for drip hole?  (I failed to do this once, early-on, and it was a real nightmare trying to get it done, once the smoker was hot!) Check!
3.   Drip pan in place?  Check!
4.   Water pan in place, on the floor of the smoker, touching the smoke box?  Check!
5.   Plenty of Beer in the fridge? Check!
Let’s rock and roll!  Check!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:35:06 AM by JustChillin »
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

RG

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »
While it is more fun when your teams wins, it sounds like we will all win when it comes to enjoying some good food and time with family & friends. Eat up and enjoy the day! I thought that I should add Tony's check list as a reminder for everyone.

1.   Foil in place? Check!
2.   Hole poked foil for drip hole?  (I failed to do this once, early-on, and it was a real nightmare trying to get it done, once the smoker was hot!) Check!
3.   Drip pan in place?  Check!
4.   Water pan in place, on the floor of the smoker, touching the smoke box?  Check!
5.   Plenty of Beer in the fridge? Check!
Let’s rock and roll!  Check!

Yes indeedy, all good things to check for. Much better than a "Discount Double Check"!  ;D ;D ;) :)
Jason from Conyers GA

SconnieQ

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 11:08:50 AM »
Much better than a "Discount Double Check"!  ;D ;D ;) :)

LOL. I always thought those ads were seen only in Wisconsin/Midwest. :)
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

JustChillin

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
Kari, my daughter travels to Madison yearly for work and told me that the people there a the nicest people on the earth. Is that true?
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

SconnieQ

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
Kari, my daughter travels to Madison yearly for work and told me that the people there a the nicest people on the earth. Is that true?

Very true. I like to use the example of when there is a lane closure, and you need to merge to a single right lane. People will merge and get in line miles ahead of time, even though there is a long stretch of open lane on the left. We wait our turn and don't butt in line. And even if you do accidentally get in the wrong lane, people will happily let you back in, unless of course you have Illinois plates and you try to go all the way to the front before merging in. Then we unite against that guy! ;D ;D I've never seen such politeness and patience on the road in any other city.
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

SconnieQ

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 02:35:01 AM »
5 hours at 225, no peeking. Perfectly moist and tender. Baby backs were done at halftime. So were the Packers. :'(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:37:26 AM by SconnieQ »
Anova WiFi Sous Vide