Author Topic: I LOVE days like today!  (Read 2257 times)

RG

I LOVE days like today!
« on: January 11, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
First of all it's one day closer to the weekend, in particular Saturday. The day that I am having friends over to watch the Falcons put the hurt on Seattle and eat some 'cue. Another reason I loved today was that it felt like spring here in my neck of the woods, mid 60's after being 12° over the weekend! That's Atlanta weather for you, crazy! While that's all fine and dandy, the main reason was that I was home most of the day and that allowed me to be here when FedEx dropped off my Camp Chef Flat Top Grill!

I was already outside tending the KBQ. I bought a TINY butt to smoke to make some Brunswick Stew for my guests. Anytime I can get a jump on prep or cooking when I do these big cooks, I take it! I put the grill together just in time to make dinner. Nothing fancy and I didn't even take the "final" plated pics, but you get the idea. I made some Bacon Cheeseburgers. The bacon curled up since my stinkin' bacon press was rusty (I didn't use it) but otherwise I'll say it was a successful cook! I love the crust you get from cooking burgers this way! Also, the buns seared on there are excellent, adds a nice dimension to the burger I think.

Ready for the maiden voyage, got a little grapeseed oil on there

Here it is in action

And....last but least (lol) the micro butt!

As you see, I have some leaves to blow out from under the deck, I was half hoping that the KBQ would send some embers over on them to burn them away :P

Saturday I'll be griddling up some marinated chicken boneless breasts on the FTG, can't wait!
Jason from Conyers GA

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
Re: I LOVE days like today!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 09:13:10 PM »
I made burgers tonight... but those definitely take the blue ribbon!!
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »
Way to enjoy the spring weather in January, Jason!  Crazy here, too...single digits last weekend, and almost 70 the last couple of days (but with 45 mph wing..ughh!)  Cool little flat top!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:21:48 PM »
You done made me hungry Jason. Nicely done!

BTW we had 101 mph winds here earlier in the week. Now the roof repair starts.......  :(
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

ibbones

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 12:30:58 PM »
While the burgers look great, those buns toasted on top of the grill in the burger juice is over the top.  I bet they were fantastic!
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

RG

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »
While the burgers look great, those buns toasted on top of the grill in the burger juice is over the top.  I bet they were fantastic!

Yep, they were a difference maker! As Sam Jackson would say..........

Jason from Conyers GA