Author Topic: A day of experimentation  (Read 2917 times)

RG

A day of experimentation
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »
Today I wanted to try some new things. I had some leftovers from yesterday's KBQ cook that I had intended to use for making a new Brunswick Stew recipe and my wife wanted to make brisket nachos. I also wanted to make a creation that I have had floating around my head for years but had just never gotten around to it. So...let's get to it!

Let's start with my Frankenstein Monster shall we? I made a burrito with slices of brisket and some pulled pork. I placed the meat on a bed of smoked baked beans, not too many though. I then applied a little Head Country BBQ sauce on top.

Next I added some of my homemade slaw and a couple of dill pickle slices and the finishing touch was some hand cut fries seasoned with Lawry's!

Rolled it all up

Cut it in half

Took a bite! It was AWESOME!!! Muhahahahaha!!!

My son ate half, I had to save room for my nachos after all! My wife busted a move and made her smoked salsa on the Traeger. It goes very well with brisket or pulled pork nachos. I actually think it would make a flip flop taste good! I took a little more brisket and pork, put it on some chips with diced jalapenos, black olives, cheese dip, shredded cheese, her salsa and a dollop of sour cream. I hurt myself eating this, lol!

Lastly, the stew. I cooked it but was too full to eat a bowl. I tasted it, it's a departure from MY recipe but it was good. My wife thinks she may even like it better than mine (the traitor!!!). I like it but haven't officially made up my mind on whether or not it is better than my recipe I've made for years.

I had planned on baking off some cookies, made 6 batches of dough yesterday. I ran out of gas plus was watching my Falcons destroy the Niners. Felt good to sit down and chill for a bit.

At any rate, that concludes this episode of RG's Test Kitchen! Tune in next time when I cook a Salsa covered Flip Flop!
Jason from Conyers GA

barelfly

Re: A day of experimentation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »
Love the burrito and nachos!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

RG

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 07:51:44 AM »
Love the burrito and nachos!

Thanks! It was all very tasty. My wife wouldn't touch that burrito with a 10 foot pole! She doesn't like slaw or baked beans. She has issues, lol! She's from South Georgia and she doesn't eat that stuff. She also doesn't drink sweat tea or any tea for that matter and she is just now coming around on eating onions!
Jason from Conyers GA

Grampy

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 09:09:24 AM »
Thanks! It was all very tasty. My wife wouldn't touch that burrito with a 10 foot pole! She doesn't like slaw or baked beans. She has issues, lol! She's from South Georgia and she doesn't eat that stuff. She also doesn't drink sweat tea or any tea for that matter and she is just now coming around on eating onions!

RG that's funny. I married a southern girl from Alabama and she won't eat okra, squash, tomatoes or bologna!  :o WTH?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:11:53 AM by Grampy »
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

RG

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 09:23:24 AM »
That is funny! I guess we like what we like no matter where we are born. I am born and raised in GA as well but her being in SOUTH GA she should've been genetically predisposed to like sweat tea and Vidalia onions! :P
Jason from Conyers GA

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:35:24 AM »
Man Jason, that doesn't suck. Nicely done!  :)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 08:31:04 PM »
I'll have a serving (or 3) of each, Jason - with sweet tea & Vidalias! ;)   Nice job!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

TexasSMK

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 09:42:50 AM »
Brilliant!
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber