Author Topic: Building my outdoor kitchen  (Read 10522 times)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Building my outdoor kitchen
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 07:04:06 PM »
Those are some clean looking grill racks! Love the heater idea, unfortunately it would not be enough for our winters here is Wisconsin.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

barelfly

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
Thanks Kari! I wouldn't survive the WI winters :) haha, I like the NM winter - if it snows, it's usually melted by the afternoon or next day. That's about as much snow as I can handle.

I plan on getting them dirty this weekend! As for the heaters, I'd love to install wall heaters on my overhangs but that is more work than I want to do. I't been unseasonably warm this month, so has opened up a window to sit out there. But early spring/late fall this will be nice to have to extend the season a bit!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

TexasSMK

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 08:07:48 AM »
Great job Jeremy
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 09:46:27 PM »
Very nice, Jeremy!!  But, that grill's WAY too clean!  Get that rascal seasoned and dirty! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Moscowbni

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 12:25:46 PM »
Jeremy, you've given me something to dream about...for someday in my future house.
Stephen.  First time smoker owner, but now getting the hang of it.  Transplanted from the USA to Kuwait.  2d, Weber Genesis Gas Grill, enjoying learning how to make new stuff.

cramery

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 09:54:08 PM »
Why switch from granite to tile? Granite countertops are great because they don't need a lot of maintenance. They are also heat resistant so they're good for kitchens.

barelfly

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 10:17:46 PM »
@cramery

I had tiles picked out and at the house when I was building this. I took them back and found the granite slab. Like you say, much easier with maintenance and cleaning. And it looks good!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear