Author Topic: Snack Stick Gear?  (Read 14554 times)

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
Re: Snack Stick Gear?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 09:23:55 PM »
Yeah, but I bet he has a lot more mice than I do!  The copperheads, water moccasins, coral snakes and timber rattlers keep our mice population down to almost undetectable levels!  Just wish they would kill more squirrels!
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D We all have our own issues, Libo!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 02:01:20 AM »
LOL! Hanging from the side of the garage wall, I'm not sure mice could get up to my SRM-1000.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 06:42:02 PM »
Daddy's got a new friend!

But, dang is this thing big!  Now, I'm thinking I should have gotten the 7lb'er!  I'm going to have to store this beast in my garage!

Can't wait to git started! 

How do I figure out how to apportion out the snack stick mix and sure cure and sure gel?  That seems like the only complicated part to this.
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »
That's a beaut! No bugs up here in the winter. Plus winter in the North is a great time to do cold smoking. With temps around zero today, and wind chills below -20, I'm trying to find positive reasons I live in this god-forsaken place. Suffering with 2 months or so of extremes reaps it rewards I guess for the rest of the year, which is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:29:27 PM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
Daddy's got a new friend!

But, dang is this thing big!  Now, I'm thinking I should have gotten the 7lb'er!  I'm going to have to store this beast in my garage!

Can't wait to git started! 

How do I figure out how to apportion out the snack stick mix and sure cure and sure gel?  That seems like the only complicated part to this.

Trust me, you won't regret getting the 11 pounder. :)

I just use a calculator and my trusty scale that I use to weigh my wood.

I actually just quick whipped up a Seasoning Calculator in Excel that you may find helpful. I might try to make this a little more pretty and then create its own post, but hopefully this will help for now.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqanuXw3q_HboewUgcbC1p-atNn4vg
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2017, 11:53:31 PM »
That looks interesting.  I can't see inside the cells on my iPad but will fire up the laptop in the morning to check it out more thoroughly.  That looks like it will help me make it easier!  Thank you!

I literally just finished washing the tank, the 12mm nipple and nut.  I dropped the plunger all the way down but it couldn't come out of the machine after it dropped.  Do I just unscrew that screw on the disk head to remove it and leave the notched bar in?  Also, I was planning on removing the gasket before cleaning.  Should I clean that also and then re-apply a light coat of white oil on it or leave the white oil off until I'm done stuffing?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get into this, Greg!  I wasn't feeling to good today so I'm going to wait to see how I feel in the morning before I decide if I'm going to prep a batch tomorrow night to smoke on Sunday.  This is the perfect weekend though with the temp already low.

Thanks for all of your help and everyone else!
The Woodlands, Texas

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2017, 01:31:34 AM »
I think you'll have to download the spreadsheet to modify it.

You unscrew the piston and then turn the screw down into the tube to store it.

I put the oil on the gasket before stuffing. You can oil the gears before and after stuffing/cleaning.
Gregg - Fargo, ND

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2017, 08:37:49 AM »
You lost me on removing the plunger from the housing body?

But that's another good point, how do you get to the gears?

Also, is there a reason not to use vegetable oil on the gasket?
The Woodlands, Texas

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2017, 02:48:22 PM »
I figured out it unscrews!  LOL. Did I mention that I'm not hitting on all cylinders today? 
The Woodlands, Texas