Author Topic: Would you do this any different?  (Read 2901 times)

Papa Rick

Would you do this any different?
« on: November 22, 2016, 06:11:50 PM »
I am planning on Wednesday smoking 3 turkey breast and smoking a double smoked spiral cut ham.  Thursday morning I will be doing 24 bacon wrapped with different ingredients in chicken breast and also the smoked mac and cheese, which I will be taking to the family get together as it comes out hot.

My question is:. Is this the way you would do it and just warm up the turkey breast and what would be the best way to do it cut it up Wednesday and reheat it Thursday or what?

I was thinking about go ahead and cutting it up putting it in a pretty good-sized tin foil container and then as I was smoking everything else Thursday morning putting the turkey breast and the ham in my oven and warm it up.

What is the best way to reheat the turkey breast and advice and or suggestion would be greatly appreciated for sure!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:13:46 PM by Papa Rick »
Richard from NE Alabama  # 2 smoker

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Would you do this any different?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 06:31:27 PM »
Liquid in the pan with a Saran Wrap and tight foil cover would probably be how I would re-warm. And warm at a low smoke temp like 250 as to reduce risk of over cooking. Pay close attention to this as to not sacrifice texture either.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Papa Rick

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 06:37:36 PM »
Thanks Dave I do appreciate it.

When you say Saran Wrap do you mean to wrap the meat up in it real tight and then put it in the tin foil container?

How long should I  plan on leaving it in the oven?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:43:24 PM by Papa Rick »

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 07:15:30 PM »
Depending on how much meat you have per pan, I sample at about 45 minutes to an hour. Give yourself an hour and a half before dinner time to put in oven. Easier to put the oven on warm than to have to blast up to eating temp. Others may have different opinions. Saran Wrap isn't essential but helps seal the foil pan. Applied just like the foil but underneath the foil.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:17:43 PM by SuperDave »

Papa Rick

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:54:20 PM »
Thanks Dave, I appreciate it very much and especially about the Saran Wrap!

Papa Rick

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »
Thanks Dave, I really appreciate it very much!  Did as you suggested and WOW it was the best Turkey Breasts ever done by me.  I did try something different that I have not ever done and that is after I carved the Turkey Breast 3 of them up and placed them in a Tin foil pan, I put the juice that had collected in Miss TK's Katchin' Drip Pan in the pan.

Put in the fridge until the next day and then heated up slowly in the oven and it was awesome!  We had 90 people come to a Family Thanksgiving, we had 4 Full Size Hams, my 3 Turkey Breast, and Smoked Chicken Thighs.  After the first run of people going through the line, None of the Turkey or Chicken was left, but over 1/2 of the hams was still there.

I was really worried about the Turkey Breast as I had never smoked them the day before or added the juice back to them, but will remember this for sure.  I had people telling me this was the best Turkey Breast they had ever tasted and what is funny, I was concerned it would not turn out good for me on this smoke.

But once again with the advice from you and others on here and the Awesome Smoker #2, people think I should go into the food business.  I enjoyed it, but will keep on Truckin for now. 

THANKS Again Dave, really appreciate it very much!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 06:40:48 PM »
That's awesome Rick!  Happy guests are the best praise for any cook.  Really glad it all turned out.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 08:04:39 PM »
Way to go, Rick!!! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!