Author Topic: Whole Turkey Smoking Time per Pound at 250?  (Read 7467 times)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Whole Turkey Smoking Time per Pound at 250?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 11:05:03 PM »
Here's an update on how long my turkey took. 14 pound turkey, brined and stuffed with mire poix took 4.5 hours to get to 165 in the breast. Had the #1 turned all the way up (250). Timing was perfect. Let it rest for 1 hour on a sheet pan covered with foil. Was still piping hot after the rest. Very juicy. I continue to be amazed at how moist the breast meat comes out when I smoke turkey or chicken. Will post the chili recipe tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:10:36 PM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 01:41:28 PM »
Just posted two recipes good for using up your Thanksgiving leftovers, or anytime.

Kari’s White Chili (Chicken or Turkey)

Kari’s Tortilla Soup (Chicken or Turkey)
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 09:07:37 PM »
Great to hear your timing was right on track, Kari!  I expect the same, with mine, tomorrow.  Don't think I've ever had a 14 pounder go longer than 5 hours, but usually around 4.5. 

The recipes look great!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!