Author Topic: anova question  (Read 2914 times)

drains

anova question
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:24:26 AM »
How many watts is your anova rated at? There is one for sale on amazon that is 800 watts for 167.99 then one for 900 watts for 199.00. Both have wifi capability. The 800 watt says discontinued. Thanks
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

Durangosmoker

Re: anova question
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »
Mine is 800 watts, and seems to work fine.  I suppose the beefier one would just heat up the water bath more quickly.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 07:39:05 PM »
I don't see 800 watts vs 900 watts to be a big issue. It might heat up the water quicker (and we're talking probably just a few minutes here), but both will hold the temperature just as well. If you are choosing, go for WiFi over Bluetooth. Watts seems less important. I would just keep watching the Anova site for sales. They are bound to have good sales before Christmas.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:06:46 PM »
Mine's 800w, but they may have upgraded the element, just like SI did!  More power is better!  Arr Arr Arr! (As Tim the Tool Man Taylor would say!).
Just like the smokers, more "overhead" means the unit can handle bigger volumes of water more efficiently.  Great to see this upgrade!  Wonder if they'll come out with a retrofit kit?
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!