Author Topic: Grilled Tuna  (Read 1981 times)

Grampy

Grilled Tuna
« on: November 01, 2016, 07:28:03 PM »
I have a neighbor that went deep sea fishing recently and brought back some tuna steaks and wants me to grill them for her. I need some suggestions/guidance on how to grill it. This will be the first time I have ever grilled tuna so any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: Grilled Tuna
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:06:57 PM »
Pepper, olive oil, QUICK on HIGH HEAT.

Sear and serve.

I'm a sushi person, so the more red the better.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 11:25:25 PM »
+1. Keep it rare on the inside. Just a quick super-high heat sear. Keep the cooking part simple with the seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil. Get creative by serving with some sort of sauce on the side, like an asian ginger sesame sauce, or lemon caper butter sauce, or garlic-lime aioli, etc. Or serve with a few sauces so people can choose. You can also grill tuna skewers . Tuna holds up pretty well on skewers, and you are just grilling them for a very short time, keeping it rare in the middle. Don't put anything else on the tuna skewers though, because it won't be on the grill long enough to get cooked. Make your veg skewers separate. You can try some sort of marinade on the skewers like teriyaki. If you go the asian route, you can brush them with sesame oil before grilling.

If you want to try something besides grilling, I like sesame-crusted tuna, which is seared on a hot cast iron skillet (or other skillet if you don't have cast iron). Lots of recipes online for different sauces and sesame crusted tuna.

I'll bet RG has some good ideas.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:27:56 PM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

EFGM

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 04:38:47 PM »
Might even try some Grape seed oil vs the olive oil. It has a much higher smoke point.  8)
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"