Author Topic: Bernzomatic TS8000 Torch  (Read 3659 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Bernzomatic TS8000 Torch
« on: September 12, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »
Does anyone have a good place to purchase a Bernzomatic TS8000 to be used with the Searzall Torch Attachment?

I had this in my Amazon Wish List for a long time, but didn't purchase because the prices ranged from $70-$150 which was just ridiculous. I now see that it is down to #39.97 which doesn't seem too bad.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019CQL60/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2GRXSFH4CWZTC&coliid=I1D38YP92DK8RJ

I just wanted to see if any of you who use the Searzall, found a better deal before I pull the plug. I got the Searzall awhile back, but haven't been able to use it because it does not fit on my existing torch.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

EFGM

Re: Bernzomatic TS8000 Torch
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 07:49:12 PM »
I ordered mine believe it or not from Home Depot online with 2 canisters (which you have to pick up) got me free shipping as well as best price.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:06:55 AM by EFGM »
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

Durangosmoker

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 02:11:53 PM »
I got mine at Home Depot, too. It was on the shelf when I was there for other things and i just grabbed it and tossed it into the cart. Came with two canisters. Don't remember the price.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

EFGM

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 05:50:04 PM »
Torch was $39.97
Canisters were $6.25
Total w/Tax was $50.07
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »
Thanks guys! According to the Home Depot website, they don't have them in stock at my store. So, I might just order from Amazon for the free 2 day shipping versus having to do ship to store to get free shipping from Home Depot.

Thank you for confirming that the $39.97 price was reasonable as that was the main thing I was looking for.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 08:28:54 PM »
40 bucks is a GREAT price for that torch!  I paid around $60, at Lowe's.  My old T4000 wouldn't work, so I upgraded.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

EFGM

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 10:57:28 PM »
HD will and did ship the torch directly to my house. The canisters I ordered to get the free shipping had to be picked I'm sure because of safety reasons and shipping cost of propane. (If it could even be shipped)
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 11:28:26 PM »
HD will and did ship the torch directly to my house. The canisters I ordered to get the free shipping had to be picked I'm sure because of safety reasons and shipping cost of propane. (If it could even be shipped)

Yeah, I guess if you order the canisters that would put you over the $50 required to get free shipping to home. I have plenty of propane containers already. So, I may just order from Amazon. Thanks all for confirming that $40 is a good price.
Gregg - Fargo, ND

EFGM

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »
My appologies Gregg, what I meant to say but didn't was you could order something else other than canisters to meet the $45 to qualify for shipping.
But like you, I agree that price being equal I would order from Amazon and take the prime benefit. Also noted for any one interested, the Searzall is now 70 vs the 75 is was!
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 10:55:55 PM »
My appologies Gregg, what I meant to say but didn't was you could order something else other than canisters to meet the $45 to qualify for shipping.
But like you, I agree that price being equal I would order from Amazon and take the prime benefit. Also noted for any one interested, the Searzall is now 70 vs the 75 is was!

That's an even better deal!  Well-worth it, imo.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!