Author Topic: No don't hit me...just yet anyway!  (Read 4852 times)

EFGM

Re: No don't hit me...just yet anyway!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 10:39:48 PM »
Well, now that we've finished off 2 of the 3 racks i come away with 2 thoughts for next time, no 3. 1) I will do a double doneness test next time 2) I will fire up both smokers and do one rack at 225 for comparison of tenderness and 3) I will try them Cold Ribs Tony talked about. One thing you guys have brought back to me through this forum is to once again experience some new things as well as experience some lost excitement and enthusiasm about smoking meat again. I have a list going now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:47:10 AM by EFGM »
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

SmokinSusie-Q

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 06:35:06 PM »
Funny thing about "day after" ribs.... I absolutely love to eat them cold!  They're like cold fried chicken.  The smoke taste is better, and they just taste great.  I get a bag out, with the intention of heating them, but start gnawing on them right out of the bag, and before you know it, I'm done!  I'm probably weird, that way, but I actually prefer them over hot!

The only way I know about the "day after" ribs being better cold, is that when I get them out of the frig, My husband can't wait.  He just starts eating.  And I agree, the smoke taste is better.
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »
One thing you guys have brought back to me through this forum is to once again experience some new things as well as experience some lost excitement and enthusiasm about smoking meat again. I have a list going now.

It's how we roll, 'round here, Doug! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!