Author Topic: Trying to post pics problem??  (Read 2131 times)

Papa Rick

Trying to post pics problem??
« on: July 30, 2016, 08:19:45 PM »
I took some pics of the 4 BB on my # 2, and when I try to send them to my email account to put them on here, it tells me it is too big??  I then tried doing it just sending one pic at a time and it still says too big from my android phone?? 

Is there a way to send it straight from my gallery on my phone to here?

Any help here??
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:21:30 PM by Papa Rick »
Richard from NE Alabama  # 2 smoker

drains

Re: Trying to post pics problem??
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 06:58:50 AM »
I was under the impression that the software on this board adjusted the file size automatically. It wasnt always like that. Maybe someone who is up to date on this will comment. Tony (Divotmaker) would probably know as he works closely with Ben (the IT guy).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:01:08 AM by drains »
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

EFGM

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:18:27 AM »
What I do now is save the picture to my desktop. That reduces the size. Then you can upload using the attachment and other options. If for some reason your picture is posted sideways, go back to the saved file on desktop, rotate it all the way around until it is back in its desired position and then upload it again.

Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 11:51:40 AM »
Dale, the forum does resize pics, but sounds like Rick is having a hard time getting them off of his phone to be able to upload them here. 

Rick, you can use Dropbox.  Set up a free account, and upload your pics to it from your phone.  Then, you can access them from your desktop/laptop, edit them (if you want), and put them on the forum.  You might also want to set your phone camera to a lower resolution, too, so the picture file isn't so big.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 01:52:41 AM »
Seems like this is the third post in the last few days I've seen about people having trouble uploading pictures with errors saying the files were too big. Might there be something weird happening just in the last few days? My files have always been too big, but the forum has always resized them, from both my phone and computer. I am going to attach a photo (in the name of science) that is about 9.4 mb (more than twice the maximum size allowed) and see what happens.

Edit: Yep. Worked. Automatically resized the photo to 86K.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:55:56 AM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide