Author Topic: SMOKED MAC & CHEESE  (Read 2983 times)

EFGM

SMOKED MAC & CHEESE
« on: July 10, 2017, 01:37:41 PM »
SMOKED MAC n CHEESE

Ingredients

2 cups elbow macaroni
1/2 stick of butter
3 cups milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
8 oz of smoked cheddar cheese SHREDDED
8 oz mixed smoked Colby and or Monterey Jack CUBES ( I just use Colby )
salt and pepper

Instructions

Put the dry macaroni elbows ( 2 CUPS) in a pan (somewhere around 9x13 size) - Yes, dry macaroni. You don't need to pre cook.
Melt a 1/2 stick of butter, and then pour it over the macaroni
Add cheddar cheese (8 OZ Shredded) save a little
Add colby CUBED cheese (8oz)
Add milk (3 Cups)
Add heavy whipping cream (2 Cups)
Salt and pepper to taste
Give it a stir (I actually stirred it another time or two during the early cooking process).

Into the Oven  at 250 degrees for approximately 1:50 minutes (I did 1:54 to be exact)
Save a little of the smoked shredded cheddar when you're preparing, and add a layer on top now (after the 1:50 in the smoker).
Into the oven on BROIL for a few minutes until you get the desired color you're looking for

Smokey, creamy, noodles done to perfection. This is a good one.
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: SMOKED MAC & CHEESE
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:50:53 PM »
Could you clarify what you cooked in the Oven, vs. what was cooked in the Smoker? Below are some lines from your instructions that seem to indicate you started in the oven, but later indicate that the 1:50 might have been in the smoker, and not in the oven. If you cooked in the smoker for 1:54 from the start, did you add any wood to the smoker when cooking? Or just let the smoked cheese add the smoke flavor?

Into the Oven at 250 degrees for approximately 1:50 minutes (I did 1:54 to be exact)
Save a little of the smoked shredded cheddar when you're preparing, and add a layer on top now (after the 1:50 in the smoker).
Into the oven on BROIL for a few minutes until you get the desired color you're looking for
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide