Author Topic: Anova has Arrived!  (Read 6982 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Anova has Arrived!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 10:10:51 PM »
Just curious, do I need to take the Anova apart or just let it air dry on a towel?

I take mine apart, stainless sleeve and bottom plastic piece.  I have moderately-hard well water, so I get white lime scale.  A little white vinegar cleans that up nicely!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 10:26:48 PM »
When my sous vide is done, occasionally I will add some white vinegar to the bath and let it run for a few minutes.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 10:35:41 PM »
I tried to get that plastic piece off on the end but didn't want to break it. I also tried twisting on the metal piece but again didn't want to break it. I just did my best to air dry it overnight.
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 10:38:10 PM »
The metal tube unscrews counter-clockwise, but the plastic cap unscrews clockwise!  Haven't figured-out why they did them opposite, but they did!  You won't break it easily, just give them a twist.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!