Author Topic: 3-days chuck roast  (Read 7786 times)

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
Re: 3-days chuck roast
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »
By the way, I'm planning g trying a 3 day chuckie this week. What temp did you cook at?  Any recommended seasonings?
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

icebob

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »
I always do 131f,  salt, pepper garlic powder, my son like it more on the medium side than medium rare so I sear his a lil lower and longer... we both happy!
Bob from Cahokia, IL

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »
By the way, I'm planning g trying a 3 day chuckie this week. What temp did you cook at?  Any recommended seasonings?

I use Jim Baldridge's Secret Seasoning (my favorite, on beef), and enough pats of butter to cover the roast.  SO good!! :P   If you don't have Jim's (http://www.baldridgeseasoning.com), a blend of kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little brown sugar, will do.  Good stuff!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 09:25:53 PM »
I use Jim Baldridge's Secret Seasoning (my favorite, on beef), and enough pats of butter to cover the roast.

Thank you for supporting my dairy state with your shameless use of copious amounts of butter Tony! Butter makes everything better. Save that buttery juice and create a sauce/au jus.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 09:50:15 PM »
Pretty much in the same food group as bacon, Kari! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!