Author Topic: Pepper Stout Beef on the Lil Traeger That Could  (Read 1427 times)

RG

Pepper Stout Beef on the Lil Traeger That Could
« on: March 26, 2016, 08:23:40 PM »
While the better half was gone today I took a chuck roast and seasoned it with coarse black pepper and kosher salt (dalmation rub) and put it on the little baby Traeger and smoked it with apple wood pellets for about 3.5-4 hours at 250° until it reached 165°. While it was cooking I cored and julienned 2 bell peppers, 3 large jalapenos (seeds and all), sliced 1 large onion. Diced 6 cloves of garlic and added it to a foil pan with a whole bottle of Guinness extra stout, 1/4 cup worcestershire, 1 better than beef bullion cube, 3 Tbs Stubbs Beef Marinade, salt and pepper, a few splashes of tabasco, 1 tsp brown sugar.

I took the chuckie and added it to the pan and wrapped tightly with foil and into an oven for about 3.5 hours at 350. Shredded with 2 forks and toasted up some hoagie rolls with provolone and piled it on and ate. 'Twas delicious!!

Give it a shot, I sometimes add giardiniera to it but was out, great either way.

Not my best pics, took them with my $50.00 smart phone :P

Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Pepper Stout Beef on the Lil Traeger That Could
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 06:16:07 PM »
Looks great, Jason!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!