Author Topic: Upgrade the Auber?  (Read 1983 times)

cwshiles

• Get out there and Smoke it!
Upgrade the Auber?
« on: March 26, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »
Good morning Smokin-it gang.   I have one of the original Aubers (Ws-1503cph) and was one of the first 10 or so people on the site to get them.   It looks like they are hugely popular with everyone but it also looks like it's primarily with the newer gen Auber; the GPH.   I have a #3 and am trying to decide if there are any reasons to move to the newer gen Auber?   I like the new wires and was thinking of doing the Permient probe install which is when I learned that the probes and connectors are different.  I do like the newer probes but that would mean upgrading the whole unit to get the probes.
Charlie from MD
Smokin it Model #3 with Cart
Auber 1503, Maverick ET-733, iGrill

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Upgrade the Auber?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
Charlie, other than the probes, no reason at all!  I think the 1503CPH was one of the best units Auber made.  That's what I've used the most, and never had any issues with it, at all!  The D-models use the GPH technology, but I'd wait until your 1503 has a problem.  There are a few things the GPH units have, that are nice, like probe calibration offset, 8 programmed recipes, and the ability to just enter a single temp and set it to "on."  Other than that, they work the same.  The 1503 is a simple, solid unit.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!