Author Topic: Can't stay logged in  (Read 5309 times)

drains

Can't stay logged in
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:26:52 PM »
When I log in I set the session length to forever but when I leave and go to another site then return I'm having to log in again. This is on an iPad and I don't know the version,or anything else about it. My phone doesn't do this it stays logged on. I'm sure it's something simple but so far I haven't been able to fix it. I looked to see if cookies were off or on but I never could find where the dialog was. If someone knows I would appreciate some help. Thanks
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Can't stay logged in
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:52:52 PM »
I've never had this problem on any PC or Android device, Dale.  I would guess it has to be an issue with cookie handling on the Apple side.  Bet some of our Apple folks will have the answer!  I've never heard of this before, so I'll be interested to see what solves it.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:33:21 PM »
Don't think it is an Apple thing. I'm all Apple here. I have many Apple devices including iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad.

#1, make sure your operating system is up to date.

#2, make sure your browser is up to date.

#3, recommend Google Chrome as your browser. In older browsers, instead of "Forever" as the choice, I remember it used to offer something like staying logged in for 20,000+ hours instead. Maybe that went away because of an update to the forum software, or maybe to the browser. Don't know.

#4, I just tried logging in from Safari, Firefox and Chrome, and had no issues. Do not use Explorer. Way behind all of the others with HTML 5 updates.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

drains

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 09:50:46 PM »
Updated the software and downloaded chrome so now I'm able to stay logged in. Just wonder why safari won't work. Thanks for the suggestions.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 10:13:27 PM »
Boom!  Way to go, Kari!   :D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 10:01:54 PM »
Updated the software and downloaded chrome so now I'm able to stay logged in. Just wonder why safari won't work. Thanks for the suggestions.

Logged in now through Safari. I'll let you know if I get logged out.
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 10:19:52 PM »
I am on an iMac and Safari and have never been logged out.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 04:57:11 PM »
Happens on my iPhone periodically.  I am not a technical person so I don't know much of anything about setting.  I've made the assumption that periodically Apple erases browsing history and cookies but wouldn't know where to begin looking into that.  It also happens on some of my forums more frequently than others.  Just iPhone, not desktop. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

SconnieQ

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 06:16:51 PM »
Testing on my iPhone.
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

JackT

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 02:34:24 PM »
Have always loved my ipad2, but the recent ios software upgrades have almost rendered it useless. Not sure which version you have, but the older ipads didn't take the upgrade well. Preparing to do warfare at the genius bar for fix or upgrade. Good luck with your issue.
JackT
Prairie du Rocher, IL
Weber Performer
Weber Smokey Mountain
Custom Rib Grill
Custom Rotisserie Smoker Trailer
SI 3D

SconnieQ

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »
Have always loved my ipad2, but the recent ios software upgrades have almost rendered it useless. Not sure which version you have, but the older ipads didn't take the upgrade well. Preparing to do warfare at the genius bar for fix or upgrade. Good luck with your issue.

Have been logged in now for 3 days from my iPhone and Safari. No disconnects or re-logins required. Some ideas:

1) You are changing your login from a wireless home network, to using your service's LTE or other network, that might require re-logging in.

2) If there is an interruption in your network service, whether that be to your own wireless network, or changing to another wireless network (such as your work, or coffee shop/restaurant) you might have to re-log in.

3) If you are using your cell phone network, rather than jumping on a wireless network. Might disconnect you as you change your location.
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

JackT

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 11:13:05 AM »
Good suggestions, but my ipad is wifi only and I use it at home as my main info source (until the recent ios upgrades). Did some research and I'm not the only one experiencing problems. Plan to get the "genius bar" involved for either a solution or upgrade. Gotta have good coms working when the lazy Q is cooking!
JackT
Prairie du Rocher, IL
Weber Performer
Weber Smokey Mountain
Custom Rib Grill
Custom Rotisserie Smoker Trailer
SI 3D