Author Topic: Aaron Frnaklin's Brisket Cutting Knife  (Read 5161 times)

RG

Aaron Frnaklin's Brisket Cutting Knife
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:08:52 PM »
Yep, I am a sucker lol. I bought the knife he uses. It looks like it's going to work well, very sharp and it's a biggun'

Now I just need to smoke a brisky to see how well it does!

Here it is for those who may want to "Be Like Aaron" :P

Franklin's Brisket Cutting Knife

It can be found cheaper, I just like using Amazon Prime because a part of the purchase goes to charity via Amazon Smile and I get it in 2 days ;)
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Aaron Frnaklin's Brisket Cutting Knife
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »
I have a bread knife with a very similar blade.  It does a good job, but the absolute best is the 10" Granton-edge carving knife...paper-thin slices on even the softest meat.  Let us know how that bad boy works!  Aaron should know!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »
I remember Aaron saying his favorite knife is not expensive, something his dad used or something...
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 07:07:19 AM »
I remember Aaron saying his favorite knife is not expensive, something his dad used or something...
In his book, which is a great read btw, he talks about the above knife, even giving the model #. I am pretty sure Dexter owes him some type of kick back for the amount of knives he's selling for them, lol.
Jason from Conyers GA

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 10:54:05 PM »
Love my Victorinox 14" Granton Edge!
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

RG

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 12:57:23 PM »
Victorinox makes good knives, I use them all of the time around the house. The brisket knife is a Dexter and it will get it's debut tomorrow! I have a brisket sitting in the fridge that will go on the #3 tonight! I'll post it tomorrow with a review of the knife.
Jason from Conyers GA

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 06:54:47 PM »
Victorinox 12" granton edge here. But usually for slicing brisket, I use an electric knife. Is that bad? Is that too seventies? It's great for slicing chicken or turkey breast too. Skin stays intact with slice.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 12:16:17 AM »
Victorinox 12" granton edge here. But usually for slicing brisket, I use an electric knife. Is that bad? Is that too seventies? It's great for slicing chicken or turkey breast too. Skin stays intact with slice.

I have the Victorinox granton edge too and still use an electric knife quite often.

You can't beat the Victorinox for slicing bacon if you don't have a slicer though. I have a slicer, but it is a smaller one that requires that I cut my bacon slabs in half verses slicing them with standard bacon sized slices. So, I often just use my Victorinox.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 11:00:14 AM »
+1 on the Victorionix granton. I love it. From the looks of it you will like this one too.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN