Author Topic: GFCI outlet tripped  (Read 9828 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: GFCI outlet tripped
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 06:38:05 PM »
Hi Tony, please forgive my ignorance, but how does that extra 50 watts help?

Andy's already given you the right answer, so I'll just add my 2¢... My #1 came with the 350w element.  When Steve was about to convert to the 400w version, he had me test it in mine.  50 watts doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference in the #1.  It will heat much faster, and time to cook temp is everything, in my book.  Let us know if you find the same thing I did!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Texan in Tulsa

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 12:15:03 PM »
Hi Tony, please forgive my ignorance, but how does that extra 50 watts help?

Andy's already given you the right answer, so I'll just add my 2¢... My #1 came with the 350w element.  When Steve was about to convert to the 400w version, he had me test it in mine.  50 watts doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference in the #1.  It will heat much faster, and time to cook temp is everything, in my book.  Let us know if you find the same thing I did!
Tony.......how does one become a "tester?"  Sounds like something I could definitely do!!
Andy - Broken Arrow, OK

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 07:55:00 PM »
Tony.......how does one become a "tester?"  Sounds like something I could definitely do!!

Not really sure, Andy!  Just kind of "happened," back in the early days.  I'm just fortunate to be a part of the R&D team, and it's been a hoot!  Being a part of the forum is the best part, though.  If Steve's looking for another tester, I'll forward your name!  Of course, there is a line in front of you.... ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Texan in Tulsa

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 07:04:46 PM »

Not really sure, Andy!  Just kind of "happened," back in the early days.  I'm just fortunate to be a part of the R&D team, and it's been a hoot!
Yes, I bet it is!
Andy - Broken Arrow, OK

gmr3

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 09:03:24 AM »
Over the weekend, I replaced the heating element with the new one, and I think that did the trick.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the time or the food for a real test, but it powered on for a good 5 minutes with no issues, so I'm pretty confident it's fixed!  Thanks everyone for the help!