Author Topic: Sous Vide Rib Eye Steaks  (Read 3500 times)

RG

Sous Vide Rib Eye Steaks
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:18:45 PM »
I went to the store today to get some grub to cook for tonight and lo and behold, they had choice boneless rib eyes on sale for $6.99/lb! So I bought a chunk'o'meat that weighed 5.xx pounds and brought it home for my son to cut into big THICK steaks while I unloaded the remainder of the groceries from the Jeep. I hadn't used my Anova Precision Cooker in quite some time so I thought I'd pull it out and put it to use. I took each steak (we got 4 out of it) and applied kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper, a little garlic powder, a little thyme and a nice pat of butter.

I then vac sealed each bag, 3 to cook and 1 in the freezer for another Sous Vide down the road. I put them in bath before it got quite up to temp at 124° and I'll let'em go until tonight for when Steph (Mrs. RG) gets home and we'll keg'em on her keg, maybe on the grilling steel, who knows??

I also bought some shrimp to go along with the steaks for a little surf and turf action. Some sauteed mushrooms will make an appearance, maybe even in a butter wine sauce, loaded baker, salad and a slice of garlic bread and we should be all set!

On the grill and plated pics later.........

Jason from Conyers GA

icebob

Re: Sous Vide Rib Eye Steaks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 09:39:08 PM »
Nice! rib eye in the water bath is hard to beat ;) can't wait to see your final pics!
Bob from Cahokia, IL

SUMORAY

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 10:04:35 PM »
How were they ?

RG

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 07:21:21 AM »
Nice! rib eye in the water bath is hard to beat ;) can't wait to see your final pics!

How were they ?

They were GREAT! You can see them HERE
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »
What a coincidence!  I did the same thing yesterday!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 02:45:01 PM »
What a coincidence!  I did the same thing yesterday!

You know what they say about Great Minds!! :P
Jason from Conyers GA