Author Topic: New Enclosed Cart for the Model 1 & 2!  (Read 12505 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: New Enclosed Cart for the Model 1 & 2!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 09:01:31 PM »
I like the new design, but a unit that has a shelf that folds down in front would really be nice.

This way when you load and unload food, it holds the food and does not drip on your floor surface.

Thanks Greg

Limey

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 08:21:01 AM »
+1 to Greg's comment. Can we incorporate this on the unit for the SI3? If so I will buy a couple.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 11:01:15 AM »
I'm sending over a few pictures of my model #3D sitting on top of a Sears Craftsman rolling tool cabinet.  The height is perfect for me and gives me 4 drawers to put in wood, utensils, meat probe, etc.  These cabinets go on sale all the time at Sears for $99 or less and have nice wheels to wheel the smoker around on.  I like having all the things I need in one place like the wood and probe to just open the drawer and get what I need.  I could put foil and foil pans in there as well.  Anyway, here's some pictures of the model #3D outfit I have.  I hope everyone has a great 2016! 
Carl-D/FW area of Texas.  Model #3D on top of Sears Craftsman tool cart.

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 11:46:38 AM »
Nice setup KZ.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 01:05:34 PM »
Would have been even nicer to see the pictures the right side up. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »
Ya, crazy camera I guess, if you click on the IMG.number.JPG, below each picture, it opens up correctly on my Mac, haven't tried it on a PC though ;>)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
Nice!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

SconnieQ

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 05:11:52 PM »
Ya, crazy camera I guess, if you click on the IMG.number.JPG, below each picture, it opens up correctly on my Mac, haven't tried it on a PC though ;>)

I too take pictures on my iPhone. Even though they look upright on my iPhone and Mac, when I go to post them, they are sideways. If I open them in Photoshop (or other photo editing program) they also look upright. As long as I "save as" and re-save them, even if I don't need to rotate them, then they post fine. I think that probably explains why many people's photos post sideways.
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 05:18:23 PM »
They are "smart phones," they should read our minds, right ;>))

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »
Nice, Carl!  Congrats on the 3D!  Smoke anything in it yet?
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »
Not yet, just seasoned it a few days ago.  I had stocked up on brisket, pork shoulder and chicken before Christmas, we're still eating off of that and will for a few more days then I'll break it in. I also ordered a cold plate and will be doing some cheese smoking and making salmon candy, that should be very interesting ;>)  This forum and the internet is awesome to get good ideas from!
I also have ordered a sheet of 18ga stainless steel to make a side shelf on the Craftsman tool cart.  I'll put some pictures up when that is finished, that won't be for a week or two since I just ordered the SS and folding brackets last night.
I also just received a nice vacuum sealer that I plan to use and put some of this meat in the vacuum bags and freeze it, except for the cheeses, I'll just keep them in the fridge.  I enjoy smoking with the Smoking-It smoker, my son in laws are interested also, one may buy my standard #3, I just received that 4 weeks ago and have smoked about 50+ pounds in it so far, a lot of fun!   Does anyone else here on the forum use a vacuum sealer to keep food?  I just received a Weston vacuum sealer today, not the real expensive one but the one just under it, we will see how it works for vacuum sealing the great smoked meats and cheeses from the #3D ;>)

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 05:18:57 PM »
I really enjoy using the Model #3D!  I had put the smoker on a Sears Craftsman rolling tool chest.  I have enjoyed using the tool chest as a nice cart to keep items in the drawers and pretty much have all the little extras right there with the smoker.
One thing I had not really enjoyed is when I pull out the yummy good smoked meats from the smoker, the drippings would drip down onto my little 8 pound Maltese dog, she was excited to lick the drippings.  Today, I solved that problem by installing a folding shelf composed of a 16" x 22" cookie sheet attached to the folding shelf brackets which also lowers to stay out of the way when not needed.  I attached the brackets onto a 1/2" sheet of birch plywood, painted flat black and then used adhesive to adhere the plywood onto the rolling tool chest along with bolts, then attached the folding shelf brackets to the plywood which also went into the rolling tool chest for extra strength.  It makes a nifty little shelf I can place the meat on before putting it into the smoker or just allows the drippings to fall into the cookie sheet and not on the concrete, or my little Maltese dog's white hair ;>))    Hopefully, the iPhone pictures will rotate the correct way when you click on the attachment.    Thanks for looking!    Carl
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:21:58 PM by kz0m »

SconnieQ

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 05:47:50 PM »
Great ingenuity!
Anova WiFi Sous Vide