Author Topic: new Thermometer  (Read 5908 times)

cjr71244

• New to Smoking, model 1 owner
new Thermometer
« on: November 15, 2015, 07:33:30 PM »
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/meater-the-only-wire-free-smart-meat-thermometer#/

Three Sons BBQ

Re: new Thermometer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 08:54:13 PM »
Thoughts?
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »
A bunch of us here on the forum funded back when it was on Kickstarter, and will be receiving ours in January. We'll keep you posted on how they work. I for one am pretty excited about it!

Here's a link to the original thread where you will see all of the people here who admitted to funding/buying including me.

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=4163.0
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:01:57 AM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 12:22:06 AM »
I ordered a 4-Probe block and am super stoked to get mine in January (hopefully)!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

bigbassnutt

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 08:26:39 PM »
I am really interested to hear feedback on this, looks really cool. It would eliminate the wires that I always seem to tangle up.
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

SconnieQ

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »
Sounds like backers might not get our first release in January, due to a decision to upgrade the battery. Worth the extra wait though.
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 09:53:15 PM »
Sounds like backers might not get our first release in January, due to a decision to upgrade the battery. Worth the extra wait though.

I would rather have a slight delay and get the upgraded battery. I'll just have to get by with the old Maverick 733 until then. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 10:16:31 PM »
Sure hope that isn't code for "We're having production problems..."  I'd sure like to see this thing in action!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 10:35:15 PM »
Word is that the better battery could not be produced as quickly, and was more expensive, so it was not in the original plans. Apparently having over a million dollars in their back pocket gave them more cred, and "bargaining" power to revisit that option.
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 10:49:30 PM »
Yeah, Kari, they did raise some serious capital!  Let's hope that translates into a better product, and not better houses/cars/bling for the principals! ???
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

SconnieQ

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 10:57:35 PM »
Tony, of course the foolish spending of enormous amounts of cash like that has crossed my mind ;D...but I'm going to remain optimistic. These guys seem to have a lot of background in design and manufacturing processes of electronics, as well as established relationships with vendors, unlike so many others on Kickstarter. Fingers crossed.
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 08:15:15 PM »
Hoping right there with you, Kari!  I didn't bite at the initial offering, but sure hope it turns out well.  I think it's a fantastic concept, and I'll definitely want one!
Tony from NW Arkansas

Trip

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 01:36:54 PM »
Wish I could get some probes like that for my heatermeter.  That would be super nice.

DivotMaker

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 08:31:28 PM »
Good to see you, Trip!  Haven't seen you in awhile.
Tony from NW Arkansas

Trip

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
Thanks

I still check in and get recipes every now and then.  Need to post more though.