Author Topic: Show us what you have!  (Read 24701 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Show us what you have!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 07:40:04 PM »
I just can't get enough of looking at your outdoor kitchen, Jason!!  Thanks for posting it again!!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 08:01:27 PM »
I really like your set up! 
Carl-D/FW area of Texas.  Model #3D on top of Sears Craftsman tool cart.

RSNovi

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 08:21:10 PM »
I just can't get enough of looking at your outdoor kitchen, Jason!!  Thanks for posting it again!!

I agree!
Chris - Michigan
SM025
PG500
Tappecue
Maverick 735
iGrill 1

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 10:41:44 AM »
I have a model 3D on top of a Sears Craftsman roller tool chest, makes it handy with the three pull out drawers to hold supplies in.  I also attached a folding large cookie sheet to the front of the smoker which really helps with loading the meats, keeping the drippings off the concrete and off our little dogs back as she loved licking the drippings off the concrete ;-)
The folding table is attached to the tool chest with plywood, adhesive and sheet metal screws, it really works great and I just fold the tray down when I don't need it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:11:27 AM by kz0m »

Truckman225

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 06:56:25 PM »
This is how I set my #1 up. Built the cabinets a number of years ago. Added a heavy slide out shelf that works quite well.

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 06:57:56 PM »
Nice, looks like my new patio will have same issue.  Mud:)

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 11:26:42 PM »
Wow!  I'm really liking that front folding tray!  Not to mention all the drawers underneath!  How did you make it?
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

Truckman225

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »
Thanks, the cabinets are basically 2 plywood boxes screwed to the wall tied together by the plywood top covered with tile. The base is made from Trex plastic wood to keep the wood off of the concrete. The slide out shelf is also made from plywood using 100# capacity drawer slides I purchased at Home Depot. There are a couple cross members to keep the shelf from flexing under the weight of the smoker. 

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
The large cookie tray and folding hinge brackets came from Amazon
Winware 16-Inch by 22-Inch Aluminum Sheet Pan
Folding Shelf Bracket SP1794 16in x 16in Sold in pairs
Then I used a 1/2" 16x16 piece of birch plywood I had.  Attached the plywood to the cabinet with 1" #14 sheet metal screws and used a glue for melamine,  which holds good to slick surfaces like the rolling tool chest has.  You could also use liquid nails.  Next I put one of the folding shelf brackets with the cookie sheet on top to see where I needed to place the brackets, I have the tray just below where the drip tray can slide out without hitting it.  Then attached the two folding brackets to the plywood/tool chest again with the same size sheet metal screws.  Placed the tray on top of the installed brackets and marked the holes underneath with a black magic marker.  Drilled the 4 marked holes with a 1/4" bit and installed 1/4" x 1/2" plated bolts with lock washers and nuts, that was it. very easy and the tray is great to use, I place meat on a grill rack to be placed in the smoker and also bring meats out after smoking and the shelf is nice to place the full grill on, etc.  Hope that helps, the Sears craftsman rolling tool chest goes on sale for $99 all the time, either red or black in color.  Also spray painted the plywood and brackets with flat black paint to be similar in color as the tool chest.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:20:51 PM by kz0m »

DivotMaker

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 09:47:06 PM »
I have a model 3D on top of a Sears Craftsman roller tool chest, makes it handy with the three pull out drawers to hold supplies in.  I also attached a folding large cookie sheet to the front of the smoker which really helps with loading the meats, keeping the drippings off the concrete and off our little dogs back as she loved licking the drippings off the concrete ;-)
The folding table is attached to the tool chest with plywood, adhesive and sheet metal screws, it really works great and I just fold the tray down when I don't need it.

That's a really cool design, Carl!  I would also like to see a detailed post on the folding cookie sheet, especially the folder parts.
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 11:33:21 PM »
Thanks Tony, see the post just before yours, #23, I can give more details if needed.  This cookie sheet tray sure saves cleaning up the drippings and I use it to put racks on before the meat goes in and when I pull it out. I purchased the tray and folding shelf brackets on Amazon.

DivotMaker

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 08:45:57 PM »
Thanks Carl  - didn't see the specs.  I was hoping, maybe, some closeup pics of the brackets, and where you got them?
Tony from NW Arkansas

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 07:32:03 AM »
Here is the link for the folding shelf brackets from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006LA2G0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Here is a YouTube video about the folding shelf brackets.

https://youtu.be/wbWaqV6-v9E

The brackets I received were not stiff like the video shows, I lift slightly on the tray and push slightly inward on the hinge brace to have the brackets disengage and the tray folds down easily, and no screws were included.  I used self tapping sheet metal screws #18, I believe I used 6 of the sheet metal screws and melamine glue to attach the 16x16 1/2" plywood to the cabinet for the brackets to attach to.  I used those same #18 self tapping sheet metals screws to attach the brackets through the plywood and into the cabinet and attached the tray to the brackets on top with 1/4" machine bolts 1/2" long.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:47:01 AM by kz0m »

DivotMaker

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 08:46:55 PM »
Perfect, Carl!  That's the link I was looking for!
Tony from NW Arkansas

ccso0483

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 01:06:25 PM »
My setup!
Kevin from Pennsylvania
Smokin It #3