Author Topic: Tzatziki Sauce  (Read 2386 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Tzatziki Sauce
« on: September 12, 2015, 11:13:56 AM »
Most recipes use Greek Yogart for this sauce, but it is much better with sour cream.   

Tzatziki Sauce

Ingredients:
1 Large cucumber
1 cup sour cream (plus ½ cup save to thicken sauce)
¼ t dried dill
½ t garlic powder
½ t onion powder
1 T lemon juice
Salt

Cut cucumber in half long ways and remove seeds with a spoon, next cut cucumber into cubes. Salt the cucumber cubes and place in a colander for 30 minutes. Remove cubes from colander and pat dry with paper towels.

In a food processor add the cucumber cubes and run until the cucumbers are fully chopped up. Remove the chopped cucumber and place in several layers of paper towels. Over a bowl or the sink, squeeze the cucumber mixture until you have all the water out.

Place the mixture back in the bowl and then add 1 cup sour cream, dill, garlic powder, onion powder and lemon juice and blend until well mixed. Taste and add a bit of salt as needed, from the food processor and place in a bowl.

Add additional sour cream (you reserved ½ cup) until the sauce is as thick as you like, for this recipe I used the full ½ cup. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least several hours.

Greg

Donmac

Re: Tzatziki Sauce
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »
Thanks for this recipe Greg. My wife does not do yogurt so this is a perfect solution. And you say its better so that's a good thing ;)
Don from New Hampshire, 3D & #1 Owner

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: Tzatziki Sauce
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 10:51:47 AM »
Hey Don,

I have tried so many recipes and this taste just right :)

Greg